Anyone familiar with the Spectrum XLT?

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my detecting buddies uses an AT Pro when we detect together . The one advantage the AT has that I like , is he can hunt water deeper than I would dare with my XLT . I would'nt trade my XLT for a AT Pro , but he makes just as many good finds in a given area as I do with my XLT . Short Version , I believe the AT Pro is a great detector at a reasonable price . HH & Best of luck to you ......:thumbsup:

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the responses everyone! I think from the advice I was given, my best choice is to use the XLT as long as I am given access to it, then upgrade to the AT Pro, or maybe even the e-trac if I can hold onto the XLT long enough to save!

Charles

May 23, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Stingray II, AT Pro and Surfmaster II.
I just wanted to reply back to this topic. We went out today and she had fun.

BUT

She let me take it home for a while. I spent the entire day with it and LOVE it. I'm finding things at 8-9 inches that I NEVER could have found with my F2. Pulled a few deep wheaties from yards in my neighborhood that I already hunted.

Hey now, Don't be telling everyone this. Lets just keep it as the old Spectrums and XLT's days have passed and let everyone move on. :laughing7: I like the low used prices on these "outdated" detectors. Just bought an XLT myself to replace My old Spectrum I let get away and have regretted every since. I've been detecting for over 20 years. Every 2 years a deeper detecting machine comes out from someone. Shouldn't they be going about 10 inches deeper than the old ones if they at least got an inch deeper every time the lastest and greatest came out?
I will get a V3i later, but I won't get rid of the XLT.

Charles

May 23, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Stingray II, AT Pro and Surfmaster II.
Thanks for the responses everyone! I think from the advice I was given, my best choice is to use the XLT as long as I am given access to it, then upgrade to the AT Pro, or maybe even the e-trac if I can hold onto the XLT long enough to save!

My used XLT will be here next week and I can't tell you in a side by side test how the AT Pro does compared to the XLT. Been awhile since I used my old Spectrum, but bought the XLT just to see if it is really as good as I remember it being. Only thing I will miss with the XLT is the depth reading without having to pinpoint, but I could always tell a deep coin by the sound anyhow with the Whites. Will be curious to see which one ends up being my main land detector. AT pro is my dream machine for fresh water hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread