anyone get boxes from wells fargo?

db23

Mar 18, 2011
d2arcing said:
today i signed up for an account and asked for 4 boxes of halves, they said they got to call the coin place to see if they have enough? it sounds like they got a weird system?
I've gotten that response from a few banks, including Wells. Usually just means that a CRHer hasn't hit them up yet so they are unaware that they can order them.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i get my halves from WF as my main supplier, never had any issues. Usually takes them 3 business days to arrive with wells.

HH,
Bigheed

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Wells Fargo has a contract with Loomis. One call from the vault teller at your WF branch will confirm what they can order and whether it comes with any fees. In my neck of the woods, Loomis charges $3 per box for deliveries. This also depends upon how much you order. Take my word for it, Wells Fargo knows every trick in the book about fees. When you order, also ask them about dumping your coins. Since the same armoured car delivers to them and picks up from them, you don't want to dump at the same source. Cheers, Jim

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I order from them every week and never had an issue with fees. The halves were horrible and I gave them up in February. The same armored truck supplies all WF in my area as well as all other banks. Makes difference which bank I order from.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its not the armored carrier though whose halves are horrible its the bank itself since the carrier does not co-mingle Bank A's coins with Bank B's coins. Its possible that they are heavily dumped on in your area and have a very diluted cash vault of halves. I always dump at bank of america and thus never order halves from them.

HH,
Bigheed

OP
OP
D

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
sounds good, i got my eyes on 2 more wells branches that i want to test... i just want a new silver vein... cause mine is all clad now and its boring...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Wells Fargo as my supplier for halves, i only get about 2 boxes per month. They told me that I could order as many boxes of halves as I want as long as I pick up the boxes and not return them... they told me this the first time I walked in and asked if I could order half dollars. Never had a problem since, except the tellers sometimes forget to order my coins(no problem, no fee for me, so I am happy), I was supposed to pick up my 2 boxes yesterday but memorial day messed up their order, will be in this upcoming week(not sure when, most likely tuesday or thursday)

Hope this helps, HH!
BuffaloBoy

OP
OP
D

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
BuffaloBoy said:
I use Wells Fargo as my supplier for halves, i only get about 2 boxes per month. They told me that I could order as many boxes of halves as I want as long as I pick up the boxes and not return them... they told me this the first time I walked in and asked if I could order half dollars. Never had a problem since, except the tellers sometimes forget to order my coins(no problem, no fee for me, so I am happy), I was supposed to pick up my 2 boxes yesterday but memorial day messed up their order, will be in this upcoming week(not sure when, most likely tuesday or thursday)

Hope this helps, HH!
BuffaloBoy

well they better not try no fee when i go to pick them up... hopefully they turn out ok... thanks guys for replying!

Agro

Dec 13, 2010
Cali
if they suddenly try to charge a fee once the box is in hand, you could say thanks but no thanks. if there are no crh'ers in your area they might let it go fee free just to rid themselves of it.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Wells Fargo, they are the best of the 8 banks I deal with. I can order what ever I want and they are supply friendly. Unlike a lot of banks their friendliness doesn't disappears when you want to make them do some work with "those heavy boxes"

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
had bad experience(s) at wells fargo myself, but they now have a self service coin machine, so they are my new dump bank! ;D keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
had bad experience(s) at wells fargo myself, but they now have a self service coin machine, so they are my new dump bank! ;D keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Never Ordered Halves from WF..they are strickly my dump bank, but i have gotten a few silver dimes thru them..Plus the tellers know my "Kids" :laughing9: :laughing9: Love coin collecting..so they hold stuff for me sometimes...scored a bunch of Ikes that way :thumbsup:

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
db23 said:
d2arcing said:
today i signed up for an account and asked for 4 boxes of halves, they said they got to call the coin place to see if they have enough? it sounds like they got a weird system?
I've gotten that response from a few banks, including Wells. Usually just means that a CRHer hasn't hit them up yet so they are unaware that they can order them.

I'll have to keep that in mind. I've called a few banks around here and they all told me they couldn't order, so they must not get a request very often...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RP4L said:
db23 said:
d2arcing said:

I'll have to keep that in mind. I've called a few banks around here and they all told me they couldn't order, so they must not get a request very often...
I think it is best to speak with them in person rather than a phone call

db23

Mar 18, 2011
BuffaloBoy said:
RP4L said:
db23 said:
d2arcing said:

I think it is best to speak with them in person rather than a phone call
I haven't had much of a problem ordering over the phone. All of the banks I order from regularly except for 3 originated with phone call orders. I do agree though, it is easier to get them to order when speaking in person. My biggest problem with phone orders is with the initial order, they just want my word that I will come pick them up so they don't get stuck with them. I've only had 2 phone orders not show up, I just moved on to different banks.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Wells around here just changed from wacovia and my local branch hasnt been able to order for me since the change tho one a town over will

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread