Anyone go 4-Wheeling and Detecting? Spring/Summer 09 almost here.

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Whites Beach Hunter TDI
I am looking forward to a good year of metal detecting. To kick it off on the right foot, I just purchased a Jeep Rubicon to take into the mountains. I have gone through a couple of CJs and decided to get something that is made for 4-wheeling. I hope that any dents will all be while I am metal detecting or 4-wheeling and not in a parking lot. Through the years I never had a metal detector at the same time I had a Jeep. Now I am ready to bring those tow hobbies together. Anyone else head to the mountains on metal detecting trips? I live off 285 between Conifer and Bailey. I also MD along the front range and up here in the foothills.

Attachments

• Jeep1.jpg
    Jeep1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 264

hidin

May 19, 2007
Bailey, Colorado
I'm in Bailey and I drag my detector with me when I go out 4 wheeling. Didn't get out much last summer but hoping to get out a lot this year.

P

Pentico

Live in the SE Denver area!
We are all ways in the mountains with our Jeep.

BTW good looking Jeep!

DN

Attachments

• Jeep1a.jpg
    Jeep1a.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 294
OP
OP
camcolo

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
Great! It would be fun to line up a metal detecting/4-wheeling trip this summer (when the snow melts). I will probably start at lower elevations and work my way up as the snow melts. i am hoping to get back down to the Lake City area this summer and do a lot of those roads. Also, on the west side of the Collegiate Peaks are some good areas (and ghost towns). Stay in touch. I was hoping to have time to go to the Denver metal detector club meetings, but it seems that I have something going on every time (flying to Indy today). At least my next 2 trips, I get to travel by vehicle (Arlington, TX and Cody, WY). That will give me some extra time to detect. My jeep may look nice now, but i have a feeling aftger 10-12 trips it may be a little less pretty, but still plenty capable.

Curt

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I'm gonna be back home visiting family in Conifer at the end of May. Would love to get some detecting in while I am home.

OP
OP
camcolo

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
Shoot me an email ([email protected]) I am headed to AZ on May 20th and will return on the 27th. May be able to work some time in to go before I head out in June.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions