Anyone here ever worked the "Ludlow Massacre" site in Southern Colo?

TiredIron

Mar 10, 2009
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Detector(s) used
CZ-7, F5, FX-3
Anyone here ever worked the "Ludlow Massacre" site in Southern Colo?

I have always been interested in the Ludlow Massacre down just north of Trinidad. I have done some research over the years and I'd like to work some areas other than right where the Miners were dug in within their tent city. I plan on going down soon and trying to make contact with the areas land owners for permission. I'm interested in where the Colorado National Guard was set up in several areas with their Machine Guns overlooking the Tent Camp before they torched it and opened fire.
For those of you possibly not familiar with the incident...google Ludlow Massacre. It was a very dark incident in Colorado History. A story of greed, power, and control involving some very famous people, leaders, and politicians.
I'm relatively new to MD. I am borrowing my brothers CZ-7 which I have used a few times before. I live in Douglas County near Parker and also would like to work some areas closer to home.
adios
TiredIron

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Anyone here ever worked the "Ludlow Massacre" site in Southern Colo?

Found some newspaper articles on this...date starts 27 April 1914.... I can post if you like.
Annmarie

OP
OP
TiredIron

TiredIron

Mar 10, 2009
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Detector(s) used
CZ-7, F5, FX-3

Annmarie, Thank you for the offer. I have most every Newspaper article and book. The museum in Walsenburg has great photos and articles as well.
Thank you again
TiredIron

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

TiredIron said:
Annmarie, Thank you for the offer. I have most every Newspaper article and book. The museum in Walsenburg has great photos and articles as well.
Thank you again
TiredIron

You welcome....thought I would ask first since you said you had done some research and I did not want to repeat what you may already know.

Good Luck!
Annmarie

PS: My sis lives in Parker....need insurance? She's has her own office (Farmers!)...!

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California

Ive seen the Ludlow masacre sign a few times and wondered if it were possible to hunt that area. Are you from Walsenburg? My parents live in LaVeta and when I visit them (july 2 thru the 11th) I take the kids down to the waterpark a few days while there.

Shtrider728

Jan 23, 2009

Never worked it,but my great uncle was one of the miners who shot back.It would be interesting to MD,he had a Thompson 45 cal Submachine gun. Going up against the tri-pod mounted 50 cal machine guns of the mine bosses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread