Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore.....
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one will EVER fill Stevie's shoes but I always liked his brother's band even though I don't think he plays with them anymore?

I was familiar with Jimmie and the TBirds from seeing them in Austin long before Stevie became popular.
I also loved the singer and harp player Kim Wilson

Within days of Stevie Ray,s death, he and his brother Jimmie released and collaborative album " Family Style"

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Inspector, Delbert is the man! I don't know why, but I didn't get onto him until the 90s! Can't believe I missed him all those years. I've always loved a lot of the blues, old and new. The first time I heard Delbert singing 'Read Me My Rights', both my wife and I were hooked. I've got a lot of his CDs and a few songs downloaded that I don't have on CD. There's just something about that guy that really gets my attention when he sings. My son-in-law lived in Austin for a number of years saw Delbert a lot of times. I've never been fortunate enough to see him. Maybe some day.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is more rock, but Derek nailed this solo!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is more rock, but Derek nailed this solo!

Oh hell yeh! :occasion14:
I notice the using of your fingers instead of a pick is common place among the greats. Above Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes.
Lindsey Buckingham and Mark Knopfler are two of my favorite Fingerstyle pluckers. Van Halen does at times.:icon_thumright:

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Buddaheads

Howlin at the moon.

Thought I'd throw this one on the wall to see if it sticks....

Sidevalve45

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like! It's good to hear bands that are unknown (to me ) that deserve to be in the spotlight.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sidevalve, is this the same Buddaheads that play with B B Chungking? I've have several of their songs from back in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Some great music.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Sidevalve, is this the same Buddaheads that play with B B Chungking? I've have several of their songs from back in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Some great music.

I don't know who's who in the blues music scene but I do listen to the Aardvark blues radio station on shoutcast and post what sounds good to me. I haven't heard of some of these bands either.

Sidevalve45

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread