Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue Heart

Sidevalve45

After you posted this, I checked out other songs by them and really like these guys! My dad is the big blues collector and I sent a link of this video only to have my mom say the next day......
"You guys are unbelievable......Your dad just finished downloading this a day before you sent the link!"
My mom likes the blues but she always says to my dad "How much blues do you really need?"
Apparently, not enough!
Thanks for this Sidevalve45!

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dabble in the electronic and hip hop world, you'll find a lack of remixed blues material.

R.L. Burnside was the first I ever heard to bring both worlds together before he passed away....

Here's a couple with Lyrics Born.....

Of course traditionalist's can listen to decades of Burnside's albums without the modern twist.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
After you posted this, I checked out other songs by them and really like these guys! My dad is the big blues collector and I sent a link of this video only to have my mom say the next day......
"You guys are unbelievable......Your dad just finished downloading this a day before you sent the link!"
My mom likes the blues but she always says to my dad "How much blues do you really need?"
Apparently, not enough!
Thanks for this Sidevalve45!

Your welcome! Glad to see you got some fun out of it.
Sidevalve45

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shining through.

Sidevalve45

Trower rules! His Bridge of Sighs album is one of my favorites. He was also in Procol Harum.....before my time, but I should give them a listen. I like his style, rock a bit...then play the blues.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Trower rules! His Bridge of Sighs album is one of my favorites. He was also in Procol Harum.....before my time, but I should give them a listen. I like his style, rock a bit...then play the blues.

I liked this one better than most too. Like you said he's got his own style.

Sidevalve45

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Proco Harum? Yeah baby. Stuff on the radio when I was a kid.
Kinda bluesy.....well, kinda.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
We lost Percy Sledge. 4/14/ 2015 at 73 years young.
He was upset over a relationship gone south one night and told the band to play something, anything, and winged what he was feeling and ended up with quite a hit.
Even though that was not what he was trying to do that night.

https://youtu.be/7lp7FtJXp7k

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sing Sing, Thanksgiving Day 1972, wow...My wife was born in 1972!!

Reportedly, B.B. calls this show one of his best performances, and judging by the video below, it’s easy to see why he might. In this clip from the documentary, he turns in a stunningly impassioned performance of “How Blue Can You Get,” full of soul, humor and his fantastic guitar work. He had originally recorded the song as “Downhearted” for his 1963 album, Blues in My Heart. Soon after he remade it as “How Blue Can You Get,” and it was released as a single in 1964. From then on, it became a staple in his live set.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread