Anyone happen to know rotary switch pinout

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So i want to add a waterproof switch outside of the housing of my excal while its open. Wondering if anyone knows the rotary switch pinout for the disc/pin knob. Honestly at this point im ok with jumpering full time disc mode just so its usable as the switch is goobered up. Dont need pinpoint in water anyways

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Should not be hard to figure out since there are 5 connection points on the board, problem will be finding a IP68 pot to match.. I would think it would be easier just to replace the Pot with a new one..

OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
I got it worked out. I just used a jumper wire to stay in disc mode for the time being. I still have the info you gave me last year just never got around to ordering. Family, life and work. We will be having a fun detecting day after all. :) Ill post pics tonight of the repair just in case anyone else has trouble.

OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
On a side note ill never be making fun of my electronics classes in college again. Lol

OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
And just rebuilt the pot. Tested good. I will most surely be eaten by a shark today as my luck is never this good. Haha

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt you'll get eaten.....humans don't taste very good to them. Usually they take one bite and spit us out. That one bite can be a doozy though! Why not do a pin point conversion now that you have it apart? Make living with an Excal so much easier.

OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
May do that. And not worried about sharks for real. Lol

Top Member Reactions