Anyone Have a good treasure wreck story for NC

• Thread starter Charles, Oak Island,NC
  • Start date
OP
OP
C

Charles, Oak Island,NC

Chiz, have looked at that web site several times (www.losttreasureusa.com) just went back and looked at the state treasure section for NC. One was on Blackbeard and the Pamlico River. Gowing up as a young boy in Chocowinity, NC just off the Pamlico and not to far from Bath NC on the Pamlico where Blackbeard made his home for a while. As a young boy I remember hearing stories of 2 large cook pots possible being found (in shallow water) that contained coins from that time period. Location was possible in the area of Indian Island. There was also a story of Blackbeard throwing a golden statue in the waters of the Pamlico. There are a number of other stories of Blackbeard and the Pamlico.

Attachments

• res1.jpg
    res1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 48

divedigger

Mar 27, 2003
SouthEast NC
Detector(s) used
DMC-II,Cibola,Excaliber,Whites PI, AT Max
growing up in wrightsville beach we also had a money island.it looked like the moon with all the holes dug in it.it was 'sposed to have pirate treasure buried on it somewhere.location was a small island between arlie gardens and bradley creek marina.there is also believed to be a spanish gold ship sunk near ritch's inlet,i do know there is a blockade runner in the inlet that can be seen,and of course the blockade runner fannie and jenny with crystal pier built over it has a jewel handled sword that was a gift from france to robert e lee that was never recovered,and off ft fisher is a cask of gold that was chunked overboard when a blockade runner was captured.all blockade runners have the potentil of small amounts of gold coins as it was accepted as trade internationally way better than confederat money

C

Charles, Oak Island, NC

Sapona, yep there is a story that one of the 1750 spanish ships wrecked off ogf Wrightsville beach and Monday I will be searching that general area if our weather will clear some. Also the Anna is the confderate vessel that threw over the hogs head of gold coins.

divedigger

Mar 27, 2003
SouthEast NC
Detector(s) used
DMC-II,Cibola,Excaliber,Whites PI, AT Max
Yes Charles,according to the Horner book on blockade runners,there is a spanish ship near Topsail Inlet near the wreck of the Wild Darrell called El Salvador.Also the Greyhound was captured with the lady spy Belle Boyd and they dumped a cask with 30,000 in gold.Talk about a needle in a haystack!!!Good luck monday,if you need help toting gold,call me....

C

Charles, Oak Island, NC

Sure wish I knew Sticks sorce on the 1750. I have been researching them for 15 years. My email is [email protected]

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
i like this thread! talk it up. i have a good bud in oriential n.c. i am thinking of starting a treasure finding company in the near future based there. he is making friends with the local dreggers, fisherman, salvage guys, fish monger, girls on 4 wheelers that kind of thing. lost nets on stuff not on the charts from their gradfather's day. we can all make $ and be in the news. ben

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben, you need to talk to the state before you get too excited. They aren't writing any permits right now.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
so complicated these days i see!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread