Anyone have an outline I could use to teach a metal detecting class?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but doesn't sound too difficult to come up with your self. Teach "a" class, as in one, or an on going thing for the month?... Summer?

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ehh, try to use your own experience and then relate it to your students.

It should not be too difficult to teach others if you do have first hand knowledge.

trapper

Mar 22, 2009
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500and Garret SeaHunter MarkII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could start with the Members Contribution for Beginners Guide in the "ABOUT THIS FORUM" section that could give you a start, and then let your personal expriences guide you or their Questions. Just a suggestion to get you started. Trapper May your detector always find the good stuff!

OP
OP
Schrecky

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Trapper, that is a good place for me to gather a plan.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I've only owned a md for about 2 yrs, I dont get out as much as I'd like to but thats on me, however, almost everything I've learned on how to md properly I've leaned from reading the posts on tnet. If there was someone offering a hands on class around here, I would sign up. Posts and videos are great but someone showing you personally a better way to dig a hit, or swing your md or even where to look would be great. I know this doesn't help with your outline request but I just had to express my support for the idea. I think I do pretty good as far as digging goes but I for all I know I could be one of those that Spooky was hollerin about (I read your post Spooky), but just don't know anybetter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread