Out of reach?

Rusted Nail

Jan 28, 2010
Nord Dakota Der A
Detector(s) used
Old Relic/Garrett -ADS Master Hunter- Deepseeker/ Whites - Coinmaster
New to detecting, but I would say I,I've had some fair amount of luck so far, I was at a beach area at a small lake and was amazed to be pulling tabs that were a good 5 or 6" deep and old aluminum cans around the same, some deeper. I managed some clad but nothing old, I'm guessing due to the wave action these have settled deeper than they would normally so I would assume any rings or older coins would be much out of reach of any detector. Don't know for sure but a lot of the material on the surface is sand and I suppose silt that has washed down over this area. Any tips ? Like slow down swing or others aside of removing the top 5 or 6 inches of soil ;D

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a beach/water situation, it's not unusual to dig down deeper than a foot for a quarter.

If you want to dig deeper, upgrade your machine and you will do so with ease.

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seem to be getting the depth! It's a matter of location, location, location!
HH Doc

OP
OP
Rusted Nail

Rusted Nail

Jan 28, 2010
Nord Dakota Der A
Detector(s) used
Cool, that's what I was wondering, I was hitting a lot of deeper stuff but did not continue digging assuming they would not get that deep, Also frost in ground and could not dig deeper than 6 or 7 in. Several spots I managed to dig 8 to 10 and could not get to whatever was down there and gave up , so I know the old Garretts could reach an old car or boat anchor deeper than I want to dig.

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I'm trying to say, you're hitting stuff at 5-6", maybe that is all that's there!
No debate on how deep the detector will go.
Doc

OP
OP
Rusted Nail

Rusted Nail

Jan 28, 2010
Nord Dakota Der A
Detector(s) used
Actually I was asking if tabs and cans are 7 or 8 inches deep, coins must be deeper due to there composition. I guess I'll know when the ground thaws enough to dig some of those deeper hits. Thanks for the help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread