Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm located in Corry.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I go up to Erie a few times a year to go fishing. I'd like to detect up there sometime.

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
Yup. I live in Girard. I'm hoping to get a Bounty Hunter Quick DrawII for Christmas. I'll let you know if Santa comes thu. lol

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, whites DFX
I live in Harborcreek. I too am looking for some good leads. I'll spend the winter doing some research. I have been detecting for 3 years now with the bounty hunter. I will be upgrading to a DFX for christmas. I would suggest joining your local historical society, you'll be surprised with the information you come across. I just joined Harborcreeks and glad I did so.

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Thats a good idea. How and where..............??? I'm There.
I've been doing a ton of reading on line .......... found out a lot of things i never knew.

Mark

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
http://www.girard44420.org/Online/GirardHistSoc/index.html
try this link. Find out the hours and go visit them. I have come across a great deal of research items and will soon be intraduced to people that talked to people that lived long ago.
Also try penn pilot, when ever they get the site back up. Take these maps, download google earth and overlay them.
Have you come across any other good maps of our area????

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
No have come across any good maps.........Most i have seen on line lack detale or land marks from what i can tell........ I just started looking for them about a week ago.

Thanks for the web site info dude :wink:

Mark

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
Just mailed Pennpilot they left this message: The site will return Monday, January 5, 2009 with new and improved features. I cant wait, this site is awsome. You will find it to be very useful... I'll keep you posted if I come across any good info. Do you have anything that I could help research?

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone...I'm in Erie(city of)&hopefully upgrading M.D. By spring at latest(got a Whites classic2SL right now)i got a TON of erie &erie county history,map's,book's(published 1895,etc.),etc. as i collect Erie,PA. Items(made in,about,exonumia,emphemera,etc.)so i got some leads also...Is there an Erie County M.D.'ing club? If not maybe we can start one? historical societys are always a great resoure for maps history building locations property OWNERS(a must for permission),ETC.
I got a book called all in or ALL about PENNSYVANIA,it covers historic sites museums, ledgen's, lost treasure ,maps,stae lands,parks,etc.To me a MUST if you live in PA.and especially if your into treasure hunting,museum's,etc.I'll post a pic of it with all the publishing info.(these bookare HARD to find,best bet on finding one-thrift stores,book sales,yard sales,etc.)HH ALL!!!

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
Welcome Tokenhead! Do you have any electronic maps or info you could send? Im especially interested in old maps.

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rugratt said:
Welcome Tokenhead! Do you have any electronic maps or info you could send? Im especially interested in old maps.
No i do not have any electronic,but could take CLEAR pics of something for ya...Because i want to find my PA. book i CAN'T!!!(at this time!)this book has maps,topos,grid(to pin-point),etc.i'll get back to ya on the maps! :icon_study:

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Good ol Saint Nick came through. A new Bounty hunter Quick draw II

Took it out yesterday. It was 60 here In Erie Pa. Cane you believe that.

Started in my own back yard. Found a nickle. lol 1993
The top of a pop can. A chunk of metal about 6" down and a pop tab.

It was a blast.

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
tokenhead said:
Hello everyone...I'm in Erie(city of)&hopefully upgrading M.D. By spring at latest(got a Whites classic2SL right now)i got a TON of erie &erie county history,map's,book's(published 1895,etc.),etc. as i collect Erie,PA. Items(made in,about,exonumia,emphemera,etc.)so i got some leads also...Is there an Erie County M.D.'ing club? If not maybe we can start one? historical societys are always a great resoure for maps history building locations property OWNERS(a must for permission),ETC.
I got a book called all in or ALL about PENNSYVANIA,it covers historic sites museums, ledgen's, lost treasure ,maps,stae lands,parks,etc.To me a MUST if you live in PA.and especially if your into treasure hunting,museum's,etc.I'll post a pic of it with all the publishing info.(these bookare HARD to find,best bet on finding one-thrift stores,book sales,yard sales,etc.)HH ALL!!!
[I think we should start a club

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
girardpaguy said:
tokenhead said:

Attachments

• Picture 259.jpg
    Picture 259.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Picture 260.jpg
    Picture 260.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Picture 261.jpg
    Picture 261.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 233

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
tokenhead said:
girardpaguy said:
tokenhead said:

NICE! I have the same ones down loaded.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Stewy, I see ya found the forum I told you about from GLMD..... PEZ here try searching the Sanborn Fire maps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread