✅ SOLVED Anyone know anything about this green vase?

yincaro

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG
IMG_0583.JPG
IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0585.JPG
IMG_0586.JPG
Can anyone help identify this vase? I don't see any words or markings other than what you can see in the picture. Most likely purchased by my grandmother between 1930 and 1970.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I could suggest is it was a flower vase.It looks like it could have come from a flower delivery.Without any makers name or identifying marks its hard to attribute it to any maker.That is just my opinion but someone may recognize it as a certain makers design or pattern Good luck it really is a nice looking vase.

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a Fenton Glass "Swung" Vase, Handkerchief style, Thumbprint pattern, Colonial Green color. That color dates it from 1963-1976.

PS- Welcome to Treasurenet!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Y

yincaro

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for replying! Very helpful. Thanks for the welcome too!

Upvote 0

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a Fenton Glass "Swung" Vase, Handkerchief style, Thumbprint pattern, Colonial Green color. That color dates it from 1963-1976.

PS- Welcome to Treasurenet!

It doesn't have the marking on the bottom in the glass so that makes it newer too. Great job! I collect old Fenton, have many pieces and that one went right past me. Welcome to Treasurenet!

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't have the marking on the bottom in the glass so that makes it newer too. Great job! I collect old Fenton, have many pieces and that one went right past me. Welcome to Treasurenet!
You got it backwards. Actually, that helps date it to pre 1972. Fenton did not use impressed marks in their glass until 1970. It was first used with their carnival glass line. By the mid 70's all of their pieces had an impressed mark. Before that all of their pieces used paper or foil labels. This is why Fenton is hard to ID sometimes. Because the older pieces have long lost the sticker label that id'd it as Fenton.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread