57.2 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are fairly common field grade pieces so they really don't have that much of a monetary value. They look like east coast types and materials and not from Iowa. I would say $30 to $50 tops for everything.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
You've got a couple of nicer stemmed points there and the small quartz piece in the middle is interesting imo, it looks pretty old imo. I agree with SRV on east coast materials, imo it looks like Pa. or New England stuff. I'd have to disagree with " common field grade " though and imo there are two or three pieces in the group worth 30 bucks at least each.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Th3rty7 said:
You've got a couple of nicer stemmed points there and the small quartz piece in the middle is interesting imo, it looks pretty old imo. I agree with SRV on east coast materials, imo it looks like Pa. or New England stuff. I'd have to disagree with " common field grade " though and imo there are two or three pieces in the group worth 30 bucks at least each.

Really Ryan. I wouldn't give more the $10 each for either of those Stemmed Points. But that's just me.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice game of pool. Was it 8 ball or 9 ? I am afraid I am so rusty that I might loose my whole collection :tongue3:

So guys and gals what are you all typing the little white quartz one as?

OP
OP
vickilynn

vickilynn

May 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm 950 V
I can't recall as that was back in the day when tequila was involved , but i did used to play in the APA both 8 ball & 9 ball was not really that good though. :)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vickilynn said:
I can't recall as that was back in the day when tequila was involved , but i did used to play in the APA both 8 ball & 9 ball was not really that good though. :)

Haha one tequila two tequila floor ! I played in the Bush league 9 ball when I lived in Texas. They usually made me buy two cues when I came in the door wether I broke any or not ! I actually won a few tournaments but am sure I lost it all paying for those cues :laughing9: Glad I broke that habit : )

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
vickilynn said:

Used to hear that a lot...usually right before I lost my paycheck :laughing7:

OP
OP
vickilynn

vickilynn

May 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm 950 V
I was in Mason city. But I have lived in Maine most of my life....... I was sure those arrows came from a pool game but I could be wrong... maybe I got another stash somewhere... 10 yrs of storage to put in a new house .
Vickilynn

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
SRV said:
Th3rty7 said:

Really Ryan. I wouldn't give more the $10 each for either of those Stemmed Points. But that's just me.

I consider field grade to be a step up from a broke, grades 1 - 3. The Adena like stemmed piece towards the top looks like a good example to me. Kind of similar to a Koens Crispin or Morrow Mt. as well.The other stemmed piece is all there too imo and from where I'm sitting looks like a better than field grade piece as well as the quartz Dalton? with a thinned base. Jmo.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iowa trout said:
Dalton TNmtns ?? where you in northern Ia Vikilynn?

I am thinking so iowa trout and looks like thirty7 does too. SRV what do you think? Always hard to tell from a pictures.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I shoulda stole my daddys cue and made a livin outta playin pool :icon_scratch:

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
BTW I'd say you have about 50 to 70 dollars worth of relics there, I'd have to go in between what ryan and steve are saying I'd say the morrow, the adena, and the dalton are at least 15 maybe 20 dollar points. But I don't deal with artifacts on a monetary level like steve so what do I know :dontknow:. Buying points is whack ! :tongue3:

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In todays market I would say $75 bucks if I had to dig them out of the ground. I would just keep them if I was you. And go out and look for some more Artifacts. The collectors look for size/quality/rarity. Most points and blades are common. Unless you have a clovis. Glad you won the pool game!! Keith.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That material is certainly from PA...........I find that color Quartz down towards Lancaster County. It is kind of Yellowish but definitely PA artifacts. Those piece would fetch alot more than $10 each. I would price the Jasper Adena at $25, the stemmed blade that looks like another Adena, I would price at $35, the Quartz Celt would be worth a minimum of $25.....The large Slate Blade would be a $50+ piece depending on size. The Quartz Triangle, which to me looks like it is a Early Triangle, not Clovis but definitely Early Archaic. It almost looks like a Levanna Triangle but if the owner knows to look for the ground base they might find that it is ground. They are found quite frequently around these areas. That piece alone is worth $30+. This is my opinion and based off pictures. It really comes to size for prices. Since i have been dealing here in Pa. for a while I think I have an idea of there worth. I agree with the field grade to some of those pieces, but the others cannot be overlooked. If I saw that frame up for sale I would not pay more than $80 for it. Sell them individually you will maximize the profit on them. I'll post pictures of a Early Quartz Triangle found in Lancaster. Just got to dig it out..................GTP.......

Attachments

• CIMG0050.jpg
    CIMG0050.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 398
OP
OP
vickilynn

vickilynn

May 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm 950 V
Get-the-point said:
. Just got to dig it out..................GTP.......

In my area I know of 2 places that arrowheads have been found , I have only taken a few mins here and there to actually look and and seems like its trying to find a needle in a haystack especially when you do not know what you are looking for. But yet when I am digging in the dirt I can spot a bead in an instant got the pics to prove it. If I ever did find one I know I would treasure it . My dad took me to a place not far away where there is suppose to be a stone marked by an early tribe and the river that flows through that land still has the remains of a salmon trap or some type of fish trap where hugs logs are sticking out of the water. If I am walking and searching along the river whats the next step to actually find one , I obviously do have the eye for it yet as I think all rocks are beautiful !

Vickilynn .....pic of beads I have found digging in dirt.

Attachments

• beads 001.JPG
    beads 001.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 265

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vickilynn.........that is a very impressive assemblage of trade beads..........................I would make a few sinew necklaces and frame them.............................GTP.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread