Anyone look through the dollar coins?

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent but I cant help but think they would have to have some interesting variations and possible errors, tag so I can see and learn more!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to buy them about 6-7 years ago when they first were coming out....I looked thru some....I did sell a few on Ebay for like 10 bucks more than Face value...But to be honest, nothing about them excites.

At least with older coins, they were Classy and pieces of Art...All the modern coinage is not only Made of Junk, but has no Aesthetics

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I went through a couple boxes but never found anything worth keeping other then a few MS examples. No varieties, errors, and obviously no really old stuff

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MS 2012 dollar coins seems like they have a premium. Or is it just the uncirculated W silver eagle? Either way, I need to ebay my last set.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you looking for Varites? or Errors?. Everytime I ask for Half dollars, they try and sell me on the "Gold" Dollars. I have a few rolls for my boys

I have folders I'm working on, also proofs, NIFCs, the Near Date SBAs, Cheerios Dollars (HA!), and upgrades. I'll pull my albums out and post pics.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Many of times, I've find near-date SBAs AND interesting foreign finds. Canadian dollars are a surprise. I mainly do it for fun and not monetary gain. I believe I made a thread on it and if you look at the locked subforums, the dollar coin subforum was my idea. Infact, the entire closed subforum section was my idea.

Don't you go back and edit your post to three little dots now.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Many of times, I've find near-date SBAs AND interesting foreign finds. Canadian dollars are a surprise. I mainly do it for fun and not monetary gain.

This.

I don't find many near dates, but I've been trying to make a full set of the coins just because I like them.

I've only gotten one Loonie from a teller tray.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you looking for Varites? or Errors?. Everytime I ask for Half dollars, they try and sell me on the "Gold" Dollars. I have a few rolls for my boys

Ya the teller today offered me some of them but I didn't remember seeing much about them having a lot of collectors. I was wondering about the errors etc.. I ordered the 2014 Red's book tonight so I am looking forward to digging into it and seeing what I need to look out for. Are you ever able to get rolls of the old large dollar coins?

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ya the teller today offered me some of them but I didn't remember seeing much about them having a lot of collectors. I was wondering about the errors etc.. I ordered the 2014 Red's book tonight so I am looking forward to digging into it and seeing what I need to look out for. Are you ever able to get rolls of the old large dollar coins?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread