Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bank wrapped cent rolls from the 70's

A teller at a bank I visit weekly called me over to her window today when I stopped in. "I'm sure So and so (the vault teller) has some good stuff you're going to like today". She told me a guy brought in some rolled cents he found "cleaning up his dad's place". There was 16 unopened machine wrapped rolls stamped with the name of a bank that went away in the 80's. I have lot of coins to search but moved these right to the front of the line! The latest date found was 1973 (lots of 73s), only one roll did not have at least one wheat (31 total) with the oldest being a 38s. Oh yeah, and as I was leaving the bank, the teller, who always keeps me in mind when it comes to coins, asked me if I had a dime. I laid one on the counter and she slid me a 1960d rosie! Go a little out of your way to treat tellers politely and be a pleasant person for them to deal with and they usually treat you well in return.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go a little out of your way to treat tellers politely and be a pleasant person for them to deal with and they usually treat you well in return.
This hobby is sure missing a lot of respect for the tellers nowadays, newbies and high volume hunters, take this advice. Being rude to a teller is almost as bad as insulting the waiter who serves your food....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread