anyone think silver will peak over $20 this year??

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure hope the industrial demand overcomes the price manipulation, I would like to see at least $25 or better in the coming year. ffd

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
me too fistfull, that would be sweet

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bank Runner said:
A moderator needs to move this to the Precious Metals Forum.

Why? I think it’s relevant to the CRH crowd.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 2013 theory is because I know a few people hoarding silver coins, and they have never had any interest in coins, they are convinced of Conspiracy Theories that a bad thing will happen in the near future. When it does not happen they will be dumping them at a lower cost because the demand will be lower. They are not alone. the Conspiracy Theory Gang has a big following. I really think, but do not know, that they are helping drive up Precious Metals prices by demanding it now.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX DAVE in M.D. said:
My 2013 theory is because I know a few people hoarding silver coins, and they have never had any interest in coins, they are convinced of Conspiracy Theories that a bad thing will happen in the near future. When it does not happen they will be dumping them at a lower cost because the demand will be lower. They are not alone. the Conspiracy Theory Gang has a big following. I really think, but do not know, that they are helping drive up Precious Metals prices by demanding it now.

It may be sooner than 12/12/2012. 11/3/2010 or 11/3/2012. Dates that the scourge will get the purge. Normalcy returns, junk silver is going to get dumped on the market.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
DFX DAVE in M.D. said:

Logically I like your theory, but the gold and silver physical prices are set by the futures market prices for now. Demand or lack therof in the physical market is reflected in the premiums sellers demand when selling physical.

Right now 90% is relatively cheap as far as premiums go (at least from what I have seen). Premiums have been falling for the past several months on silver in general. When the price dropped to 9 bucks last time premiums (on junk and bullion) went thru the roof because silver bugs wanted to load up. That has all but leveled off now. In fact, depending on your local area, you can probably get 90% at spot if you shop around.

Your theory may turn out to be right, but the premiums would not start going up until closer to 2012 in my opinion. One of my coin dealers said the premiums on junk silver went thru the roof right before the year 2000. Prices came down when nothing happened after 2000 proved to be just another year.

Jim

silvestor

Mar 2, 2008
Chautauqua County, New York
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT w/Sun Ray Invader XL-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it will go over $20 this year. With gold at $1133 right now and a ridiculous 65:1 ratio one of them has to give.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seamuss said:
It's possible to get close to twenty five dollars. Maybe a little higher for a short period of time.

With the industrial demand exceeding the supply and the supply has a limited amount of resources.
I see silver hitting 22 - 25 dollars in 2010 and then closer to 28.00 by the end of 2011. In less than five years silver should be sitting right around the 35 - 40 dollar amount, even after alot of junk silver has been dumped on the market. Silver is running out. The US Mint couldn't get the Planchets to make Silver Eagles with (Proofs) since 2009. I see a deflation in Gold and a inflation in Silver. Not immediately, but slowly over a five year span. It is best to start stocking up now and when the market burps, buy as much as you can afford.

I am hoping the 15 years of employment I have left, I can accumulate enough silver to live comfortably for many years after we are retired.. :icon_thumleft: ..as an added income.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
jim4silver said:
In fact, depending on your local area, you can probably get 90% at spot if you shop around.

90% @ spot is unlimited here in Chicago, if you're willing to buy $100 face or more at a time. I haven't talked to my coin dealer since silver broke 20, but even his premium on .999 wasn't that bad once it got above 15 (and presuming you weren't just nickle and diming with one or two rounds/bars at a time). If I recall, he had 100oz bars pretty much at dead spot that weren't moving all that well.

I think there's a big difference between 'serious' buyers of physical who make their plays with the large, industrial 70 pounders and backyard conspiracy theorists who want to buy a couple shiny 1oz rounds per week to hold in their hands, fantasize about TEOTWAWKI/doomsday inflation and fancy themselves 'prepared'. One group is much easier to scalp (read: dumber) than the other.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread