Anyone Use a Juicer?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm jealous.i have been doing a little juicing in my blender,its a pretty heavy duty one.Just bought some chia seeds to try in my pineapple smoothie.i use dry milk powder as a thickener and non sweetened almond milk.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Google" JUICING RECIPES... 732,000 "hits"; ENJOY!

Thank you, Friend. I hadn't thought of that....

I was hoping for Treasurenet members to relate their experiences, not sarcasm(?).

Have a great weekend! :thumbsup:

Best,

Scott

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was in a Good Will store and saw one of the stainless steel Vitamix blenders a model 3200 super. It was the last of the SS mixers, the newer ones are plastic like all new blenders. I Tested it in the store and it worked well. IT WAS $20! The new plastic ones are $400. It now sits in my kitchen and grinds my coffee and the wierd fruit or vegetable juices I make. It can make ice-cream, or hot soupes, right in the mixer. The blade can go forward and instantly be shifted to reverse resulting in a 120 MPH hit on the contents. It is also variable speed. Some days you get lucky if you know what's going on. Frank

rose on ice 700 this one.jpg You can get there resape book from there site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn,
I got mine at a thrift store, also. $10.

But I don't like the idea of the pulp. What do you do with the pulp?
Re-juice it? Throw it away?

I learned, (through Google research....if you can imagine that...:tongue3:)

that there are juicers that juice up even the pulp for added benefit!

Best,

Scott

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
VitaMix Juices everything. I think it is the best mixer made. Check it out. It makes ice cream right in the mixer. It even makes and heats up soup, right in the mixer. Yea that $400 is hard to take for a new one, but it, unlike other mixers, will last longer than you will. Frank

skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to be dedicated or it's a dust collector. I have a Ninja works good but the vita mentioned is top of the line.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I JUST got done washing mine from using it this morning... first time I've used it in about a year.. I have a Juice Master which was a pretty good model when it first hit the scene over 10 years ago but is still an awesome machine that does the trick.

I don't exactly eat healthy so my reasoning was that I'd buy a juicer and juice a bunch of stuff that I wouldn't normally eat and I'd just drink it, no problem... One day a few years back I had a recipe for something like, kale + yams + spinach or something along those lines and I was all excited to juice this stuff and start my pseudo health kick... Well, I ran them all through the juicer and poured out 2 pint glasses of the concoction.... I raised the glass, took a sip and BLAH! bad.gif ... I almost lost it. I grabbed the second glass and brought it to my friend in the other room who'll eat anything and said "here, try this"... he took a sip and said "not bad"... I grabbed the other glass, set it down in front of him and said "well, there ya go.. now you have 2". :laughing7:

Since then I've stuck with bananas, oranges, apples and grapes... All of those together or any combination is great. It does get expensive though if you plan on doing it often. I still haven't made screwdrivers yet with freshly juiced oranges.. Always wanted to try that.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to be dedicated or it's a dust collector. I have a Ninja works good but the vita mentioned is top of the line.

I surely understand the concept of a "dust collector." That's what I want to avoid...

My thanks for your contribution! :thumbsup:

Best,

Scott

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I JUST got done washing mine from using it this morning... first time I've used it in about a year.. I have a Juice Master which was a pretty good model when it first hit the scene over 10 years ago but is still an awesome machine that does the trick.

I don't exactly eat healthy so my reasoning was that I'd buy a juicer and juice a bunch of stuff that I wouldn't normally eat and I'd just drink it, no problem... One day a few years back I had a recipe for something like, kale + yams + spinach or something along those lines and I was all excited to juice this stuff and start my pseudo health kick... Well, I ran them all through the juicer and poured out 2 pint glasses of the concoction.... I raised the glass, took a sip and BLAH! View attachment 746235 ... I almost lost it. I grabbed the second glass and brought it to my friend in the other room who'll eat anything and said "here, try this"... he took a sip and said "not bad"... I grabbed the other glass, set it down in front of him and said "well, there ya go.. now you have 2". :laughing7:

Since then I've stuck with bananas, oranges, apples and grapes... All of those together or any combination is great. It does get expensive though if you plan on doing it often. I still haven't made screwdrivers yet with freshly juiced oranges.. Always wanted to try that.

Use a Craftsman they will replace it for free.:laughing7:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't exactly eat healthy so my reasoning was that I'd buy a juicer and juice a bunch of stuff that I wouldn't normally eat and I'd just drink it, no problem... One day a few years back I had a recipe for something like, kale + yams + spinach or something along those lines and I was all excited to juice this stuff and start my pseudo health kick... Well, I ran them all through the juicer and poured out 2 pint glasses of the concoction.... I raised the glass, took a sip and BLAH! View attachment 746235 ... I almost lost it. I grabbed the second glass and brought it to my friend in the other room who'll eat anything and said "here, try this"... he took a sip and said "not bad"... I grabbed the other glass, set it down in front of him and said "well, there ya go.. now you have 2". :laughing7:

After I bought my machine, I stopped at the local grocery store and bought;
carrots, tomatoes, beets, celery and spinach for veggie juices.

I also spent scarce income on oranges, apples and bananas for fruit juices.....

I'm thinking that some things mix pleasantly and some things, well,
some things taste like yuck when mixed together depending on acidity, etc.

Still learning.....

My Best,

Scott

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After I bought my machine, I stopped at the local grocery store and bought;
carrots, tomatoes, beets, celery and spinach for veggie juices.

I also spent scarce income on oranges, apples and bananas for fruit juices.....

I'm thinking that some things mix pleasantly and some things, well,
some things taste like a$$ when mixed together depending on acidity, etc.

Still learning.....

My Best,

Scott

A friend of mine said that spinach and orange work together pretty well. She does a beet juice with a little knob of ginger throw in and a little Granny Smith apple too. Agave is a great sweetener but I prefer just a touch of honey.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If tummy gets TOO much ACID... drink Aloe Vera Juice to "balance" pH; get THE pH MIRACLE by Young & Young.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Would try a juicer were one crossed reasonably,normal use and wine making. Oh yes.
Wondering if some of the fiber could be used in baking?.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate everyone's reply.

My goal is to live longer by eating a healthier diet, supplemented by protien juices and to outlive my sworn enemies....:tongue3:

Just kidding....

Anything that I learn from my Friends here at Treasurenet speaks well of the name: Treasure!

Hope all are Healthy and Happy!

Best,

Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would try a juicer were one crossed reasonably,normal use and wine making. Oh yes.
Wondering if some of the fiber could be used in baking?.

That's what I was wondering.

Maybe in a pumpkin bread? Etc.?

Gotta be a use for the "pulp."

We're on the same page, Brother....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If tummy gets TOO much ACID... drink Aloe Vera Juice to "balance" pH; get THE pH MIRACLE by Young & Young.

Friend,

I've never heard of orally ingesting aloe vera for relief of any physical distresses, at least in the last 150 years....

My knowledge shows aloe vera to be an excellent topical medication for afflictions of dermalagica, but I assure you that I will Google possible information regarding your post.

Thank You for your contribution.

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread