Anyone using Detectors from the Uk, and Australia in the USA?????

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gallileo60 said:
Just curious...Have seen some info on some that sound too good to be true...Opinions.....Thanks, Tom
IF !! you can get one of these its top of the line a few guys on T-Net own these mostly from the UK its a fantastic machine for dry land hunting .
http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/goldmax.htm

The recovery speed on this machine is unbelivable watch video .

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I could be wrong on the Goldmaxx but i thought i saw were ..Iron Patch .. got one not long ago and did not like it and sold it .

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the video......Tom

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
I could be wrong on the Goldmaxx but i thought i saw were ..Iron Patch .. got one not long ago and did not like it and sold it .
Yes it had something to do with the FCC and English soil is different then North America ?

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
Ive got a cs660 just a little beep and dig machine I have to retune it alot but it is super hot on gold chains
it hits hard on stuff that my garretts and whites wont even register

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
I have a nexus coronado groundfix I wish i had bought a minelab sov.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's several XP's went across to the States but the ground is hotter in general than in the U.K. so they didn't do to well.

The Goldmaxx Mk1 is legal as long as not fitted with the wireless headphones. The Goldmaxx Power isn't.

The Mk 1 is slightly less fast as far as recovery speed is concerned but in general with detectors the faster the recovery speed the less the depth so XP did well getting a little more depth out of the Power. Interestingly recovery speed was considered all with the high frequency XP's but when the F75 came out with its fast recovery it was described as "overcooked" Optimising to pick up tiny/thin coins is at the cost of larger and thicker items.

The Mk 1 has two detecting modes. Full range discrimination and iron only reject.
The Power doesn't have the full range discrimination only iron "level" reject.
Both lack true ground balance though there is ground adjustment knob which appears to use a degree of discrimination against ground minerals.
Wet beach performance is terrible. Directly the sand gets damp the response from a target goes down to the size of a pinhead and depth drops. I do use mine for the narrow dry top strip of beach where there's lots of iron but also small silver three and six pence coins with the odd ring mixed in.

The Nexus models are very deep detectors but again the U.S. soil causes more problems than over here. Base model machines from C-Scope like the 660 can outperform more expensive motion machines. Lots still buy the lower range models from Viking that have no discrimination as such except an inbuilt degree of iron rejection. Non-motion but iron see-through like the old and famous Compass 77b.

Unfortunately there's never been more brainwashing in the detector world than now.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it is like this every one that is useing a older Minelab is useing a detector that was made in Australia.................. So i would say there is a lot of people in the USA using detectors from Australia........................................

Attachments

• minelab-logo_SM.gif
    minelab-logo_SM.gif
    736 bytes · Views: 258
  • minelab-logo_SM.gif
    minelab-logo_SM.gif
    736 bytes · Views: 253

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
I have 3 Minelab Detectors. A Sovereign Gt. an Explorer SE Pro 2, and a SD2200v2. I believe all three of my detectors were assembled in Ireland.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread