Teknetics TrackerII – Bounty Hunter

RichPA

Sep 21, 2009
This metal detector was my grandfather’s and possibly purchased in the 1980’s. The screen has a needle dial and no digital display. My perception is the abilities of this detector are far inferior by today’s technology. I would like to give it a try on a few old homesteads.

I don’t have instructions on how to set it up. The Teknetics website does not have the instruction manual listed for this model. My plan is to test it with gold, silver, and a variety of other metals to see how it reads. It’s probably a waste of time using this low tech detector but it will be fun to give it a try.

Please comment if you have any suggestions on setup or experience with this detector.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
R

RichPA

Sep 21, 2009
Thanks Jeep, it is similar to the one in the link. I think the Teknetics name on my coil threw me off track from the Bounty Hunter brand. Teknetics must have been a joint venture with Bounty Hunter at one time or vice versa. I'm not sure if the older model I have is the same, but it appears to be.

The controls seemed difficult before reviewing the manual. I can't wait for the snow to melt and start swinging the machine. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I can seriously help you alot . --give me a call.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RichPA said:
Thanks Jeep, it is similar to the one in the link. I think the Teknetics name on my coil threw me off track from the Bounty Hunter brand. Teknetics must have been a joint venture with Bounty Hunter at one time or vice versa. I'm not sure if the older model I have is the same, but it appears to be.

The controls seemed difficult before reviewing the manual. I can't wait for the snow to melt and start swinging the machine. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

First Texas makes Bounty Hunter, Discovery, Teknetics, Titan and Fisher products.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread