anyone wanna stop me

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am talking about private property....I guess none of you own your own land...your own house?Say you fell into a bunch of money.....you have always wanted to detect this history rich property,but it the owner said no,and they patrol it.Well they say,"every thing has its price",and you make an offer and get it....you now have your own place to hunt,never have to worry about looking over your shoulder,never have to worry about being told "no",never have to hunt at night,it yours!!!It is also pretty vast,there is enough ground for you to detect for ever!!Oh,yea,and there happens to be a creek that flows through it full of gold,and a supposed cache of gold coins buried on this ground.You put up No Trespassing signs and every week somebody tears em down,its a full time job keeping them up!Then.........you start noticing holes,dig holes,and lots of them....with trash left by them,gates left open,fences trompled down....huge holes dug in the bank of the creek,where people have been digging gold.You are nice guy and would take friends,and let friends look for gold but you dont know who is sneaking in at night,kind of likely to bother you.....would it not?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason I came on here is because people were saying following the law was the only way to go and that they were RESPONSIBLE dectorist and breaking the law was NOT FOR ME. He hunted a bank foreclosed property without permission and the Responsible dectorist dont turn in their finds. I dont see any difference in that. They both break the law. The only difference is that he is getting bashed and he isnt saying anything to the RESONSIBLE law breakers. Telling someone something is wrong and bad for the hobby is one thing but coming on here and acting like you dont do anything wrong is plain funny. Ive done things in the past that Im not proud of, so you wont see me on here ripping someone for hunting a bank foreclosed property. I keep asking these law abiding SAINTS one simple question...do you turn your finds in?...Ive yet to get an answer.People come on here and try to look and sound better than they are...its just human nature.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am talking about private property....I guess none of you own your own land...your own house?Say you fell into a bunch of money.....you have always wanted to detect this history rich property,but it the owner said no,and they patrol it.Well they say,"every thing has its price",and you make an offer and get it....you now have your own place to hunt,never have to worry about looking over your shoulder,never have to worry about being told "no",never have to hunt at night,it yours!!!It is also pretty vast,there is enough ground for you to detect for ever!!Oh,yea,and there happens to be a creek that flows through it full of gold,and a supposed cache of gold coins buried on this ground.You put up No Trespassing signs and every week somebody tears em down,its a full time job keeping them up!Then.........you start noticing holes,dig holes,and lots of them....with trash left by them,gates left open,fences trompled down....huge holes dug in the bank of the creek,where people have been digging gold.You are nice guy and would take friends,and let friends look for gold but you dont know who is sneaking in at night,kind of likely to bother you.....would it not?

Nope! The pit bull tells me when someone is on my farm. I would get out the 22/250 with the nitescope and take a couple of 'CLOSE' shots, word gets around, end of problem. Frank
You took 9 lines to create a problem. I cured it in 2!

111-1 profileRED.jpg Blue 1212.jpg

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason I came on here is because people were saying following the law was the only way to go and that they were RESPONSIBLE dectorist and breaking the law was NOT FOR ME. He hunted a bank foreclosed property without permission and the Responsible dectorist dont turn in their finds. I dont see any difference in that. They both break the law. The only difference is that he is getting bashed and he isnt saying anything to the RESONSIBLE law breakers. Telling someone something is wrong and bad for the hobby is one thing but coming on here and acting like you dont do anything wrong is plain funny. Ive done things in the past that Im not proud of, so you wont see me on here ripping someone for hunting a bank foreclosed property. I keep asking these law abiding SAINTS one simple question...do you turn your finds in?...Ive yet to get an answer.People come on here and try to look and sound better than they are...its just human nature.
.....I never bashed him,I and I am talking about personal private property.......I only hunt private property with permission,so your question about turning it in is irrelevant.Since you were such a bad awful person in the past doesnt mean you cant do whats right now...by the way,I couldnt give two chits about any bank....

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so can someone reference this "law" that says you must turn in your finds, or is this "hear say". Never heard of it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....I never bashed him,I and I am talking about personal private property.......I only hunt private property with permission,so your question about turning it in is irrelevant.Since you were such a bad awful person in the past doesnt mean you cant do whats right now...by the way,I couldnt give two chits about any bank....
I didnt say I was an awful person...thats what people like you THINK...your reply is exactly what Im talking about.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so can someone reference this "law" that says you must turn in your finds, or is this "hear say". Never heard of it.
Hardly anyone abides by that law. Its on the books so that if say a money bag fell out of a brinks truck, you cant pick it up and say "MINE".

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to be honest with you.... I really don't care were any one hunts....... I just have my places.....And no one should care were i hunt............. I have been at this for 40 years give or take..... never hunted a place were i had to ask permission........ And i still have loads of places to hunt were i do not need permission.. Could be years ago i hunted some places that i needed permission........... If i did i did not know or could be i did know..........But it was different back then................... Not that many running around with detectors.............. And we did not worry about it then the way every one now does...............As a matter of fact we did not even think about it........ Now a days every one worries to much ..and split hairs to much .......... and trys to make things complicated......... and wants to quote the law as if any one cares........ If you are dumb enough to call some government office and ask if you can hunt some were ..... You know they will say no ....... and if there is no signs posted about detecting then just go hunt............. How we get most laws against detecting places ...... Is by the ones that call the government offices and asking permission......... There was no law against detecting that place until some on called them and asked can i hunt there.................

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt say I was an awful person...thats what people like you THINK...your reply is exactly what Im talking about.
YEA,PEOPLE LIKE ME,what does that mean,people that try to do right?Not to steal....wow,paint me the bad guy then!!!By the way,I was referring to the fact you keep talking about all these things you have done that you arent proud of!So,how do you react in my example above?You perfectly ok with someone cleanin ya out?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OH , some of these hunters here just try to complicate things that are not complicated ........... Some here say they never keep any thing they find ...... Now we know there dark side is lying........... Don't pay any attention to some of these guys or you will be locking your self in your home and sell your detector.........

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...one of the definitions of Poaching is hunting where you dont have permission,and society looks down on poachers....so whats the difference?Relics and valuables are not a renewable resource like animals......I am done,better just pray ya dont trespass on my ground.....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope! The pit bull tells me when someone is on my farm. I would get out the 22/250 with the nitescope and take a couple of 'CLOSE' shots, word gets around, end of problem. Frank
You took 9 lines to create a problem. I cured it in 2!
well Frankn...... I live out in the woods also and i always have my 30-30 or 357 handy............It seems like city folks like to break into homes out here in the country.........

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
...one of the definitions of Poaching is hunting where you dont have permission,and society looks down on poachers....so whats the difference?Relics and valuables are not a renewable resource like animals......I am done,better just pray ya dont trespass on my ground.....
I can't trespass on your ground you are over 2000 miles away from me..... And i am not going that far for a silver dime...........

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't trespass on your ground you are over 2000 miles away from me..... And i am not going that far for a silver dime...........
How I was raised and everyone I know that owns land see's things pretty much the way I do,so dont be surprised if there isnt one near you:icon_thumright:

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't have permission (written) you are violating law whether you want to believe it or not and whether it's posted or not

and

if the cops want to - they can & will confiscate your detector/equipment until the mess is sorted out with no guarantee that you'll get your stuff back one way or the other

I'd avoid "testing" the law just because you're hard up to find a coin or 2 or think they can't do anything just because it's not posted

it may cost you far more than you're willing to lose

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you don't have permission (written) you are violating law whether you want to believe it or not and whether it's posted or not

and

if the cops want to - they can & will confiscate your detector/equipment until the mess is sorted out with no guarantee that you'll get your stuff back one way or the other

I'd avoid "testing" the law just because you're hard up to find a coin or 2 or think they can't do anything just because it's not posted

it may cost you far more than you're willing to lose
Were i hunt i never see any cops............. You people worry to much about the law .......Lucky you guys & gals don't have a nervous break down or heart attack.........,.. Now every now and then when i hunt in Lake Erie ..I see the Coast guard and park police ..... But they never give me a second look.........

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get it now, your one of those big landowners that patrol your property line to make sure no one picks a daisy...if Im wrong about that, like I said, Im not perfect.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get it now, your one of those big landowners that patrol your property line to make sure no one picks a daisy...if Im wrong about that, like I said, Im not perfect.
Yea,your wrong......why are you trying so hard to make me the bad guy?You do what you do......as long as you can sleep at night,hey,what else matters huh?Some people are just wired different I guess?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive made my opinion known...were just arguing now...Im moving on, be happy to talk to you all in anther thread...good luck everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread