anyone wanna stop me

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe this thread will finally end. I know in the early 80's, parks, school yards, city properties were all wide open and I found treasures, and LOT's of treasures.

By '89, three straight times I was run off of previously open parks by police, told I was trespassing. Fortunately I was not arrested - as I was polite, packed up my stuff and left the area. I come back to the hobby after a 24 year absence, and most everywhere I look is closed to detecting.

I remember a co-worker who looked out in his front yard and there was guy out there digging up his yard, not filling the holes and strewing the dug trash instead of keeping it. When he confronted the guy, the guy got nasty as if the owner was the bad guy.

Things like that resulted in the rules we have to deal with today.

It's not a halo that we wear, those of us who try to be as legal as possible. It's just that we love the hobby and just can't stand anymore of the bad rep put upon us.

Today we have to be real about it. Doors keep closing on us left and right. Our only choice to stop the assault on us is to do the right thing to the best of our knowledge every time we turn on our detectors.

It is ALL about the future of the hobby.

Period

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this thread will finally end. I know in the early 80's, parks, school yards, city properties were all wide open and I found treasures, and LOT's of treasures.

By '89, three straight times I was run off of previously open parks by police, told I was trespassing. Fortunately I was not arrested - as I was polite, packed up my stuff and left the area. I come back to the hobby after a 24 year absence, and most everywhere I look is closed to detecting.

I remember a co-worker who looked out in his front yard and there was guy out there digging up his yard, not filling the holes and strewing the dug trash instead of keeping it. When he confronted the guy, the guy got nasty as if the owner was the bad guy.

Things like that resulted in the rules we have to deal with today.

It's not a halo that we wear, those of us who try to be as legal as possible. It's just that we love the hobby and just can't stand anymore of the bad rep put upon us.

Today we have to be real about it. Doors keep closing on us left and right. Our only choice to stop the assault on us is to do the right thing to the best of our knowledge every time we turn on our detectors.

It is ALL about the future of the hobby.

Period
You try to be as legal as possible...so then you do turn your finds in to the police department. I couldnt resist.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not "technically" wrong to trespass, it is legally wrong. And morally wrong.

There is no more than that to it.
So is not turning your finds over to the police technically, legally or morally wrong? Youve got me confused now. We might as well keep this going until somebody starts a better thread.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You try to be as legal as possible...so then you do turn your finds in to the police department. I couldnt resist.

We covered this already. The OP has asked that this thread would end. As someone who backed him I find it strange that you continue to go against his wishes by beating a dead horse. :dontknow:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
So is not turning your finds over to the police technically, legally or morally wrong? Youve got me confused now. We might as well keep this going until somebody starts a better thread.

Ah... I see those doors open to us continuing to close...... There is not hope for the hobby.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It is not "technically" wrong to trespass, it is legally wrong. And morally wrong.

There is no more than that to it.

So you lock up the paperboy and mailman? That is about what you just posted! Frank...

pink flower.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the simple question wasnt answerd once again...Ill take it that the answer is NO...and I will let it go...one last thing, I would never turn my finds over to the police...see how easy that was...I wish we could all sit down and have a beer together...good luck everyone.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna turn my pull tabs and trash into you lookindown lol. Your gonna need a truck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread