Anyone who metal detects for gold give me your input

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please do not throw your money away. If you have a dedicated gold nugget detector like a Lobo Super Traq or Goldbug II you do not need or want this. It is useless for crevicing.

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a Falcon 20 - its great for what it does (poking around tailings dumps and crevassing and checking out concentrates), but its very finicky to set up the copper ring, and as the transmit battery loses power, the ring position needs to be re-adjusted. When I use it, its never for more than 10 minutes at an outing. It finds gold smaller than any other detector I am a aware of, however, you have to be right on top of the gold (and very very close to it) for it to be of any use.

Used in conjunction with your regular gold capable metal detector, you might find it good to have along on a trip. I have a 5 foot plastic PVC pipe extension so I can use it standing up. I tape the copper ring once its set for the session.

You would not find it of much use as your only gold finding detector.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a brand new one I will sell ya

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread