Apache site in the Peloncillos 1600's

Crowfriend

Apr 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this site in Arizona. I led the Arc to it and she wrote an extensive paper on it. Mean woman that she is, she did not credit me. If you want to read about it search "Long-Hidden Sites Discovered in the Southwest May Change Views of Ancient Migrations" The juniper logs, partially burned, are from long ago.
_DSC8248A small.jpg _DSC8235 small.jpg _DSC8217 A small.jpg _DSC8222a small.jpg _DSC8225A small.jpg _DSC8227 SMALL.jpg

Upvote 0

cterry3100

Feb 27, 2016
Central, Ms
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! However, I would confront her on not giving credit where it is due. Extremely unethical.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That area would be a really neat area to go on a walk-about.
Sorry, but that sounds like an archeologist. They seem to only want to keep the credit to themselves. If you were to offer them an artifact they most likely would keep it for themselves. Just my opinion.

cterry3100

Feb 27, 2016
Central, Ms
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, your right. Loaned a piece to a university museum once. When budget cuts threatened the museum, I went to retrieve it. You would have thought I shot the guys dog. They had the piece for years and never even a thank you. Anyone loans something out, document/photo everything.

justbrian55

Apr 10, 2016
Top side Illinois
Primary Interest:
Other
Whelp, at least we now know what them big holes were for in the first photo ~ They stuffed un-trustful peeps in there.
Too bad that ship sailed already. :)

KeyaPaha

Oct 12, 2015
Naper, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D and now M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She's one of those Govt. back stabbers that do nothing but take credit they didn't earn, just so they can get ahead of someone else. Nice find and shitty outcome with the story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread