Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm donating my childhood home to a charity that provides support services for battered women in my home town. I thought I'd take a spin around the yard with my detector to see if I could find any of my childhood treasures that may have been buried in one of many "foxholes" we dug while playing Army. The house was built in 1948 and my parents bought it in 1954. While we had a burning barrel in the back yard, we never had a dump site (pit).

While searching, I got an interesting signal and started digging. About a food deep, I hit some glass bottles that look like old quart beer bottles. Now my parents - especially my mother - were teetotalers who would never let alcohol touch their lips so I know the bottles predate them. The signal on my detector was from a napkin dispenser that was in terrible condition. While I found nothing of value, it was interesting to discover some of the things that the owners of the house had discarded before my parents owned the house. I have about a month before I transfer the title of ownership to the charity so I think I'll spend some more time digging. Who knows, maybe I'll find some interesting historical artifact that we can include in the history of the house.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck on the search! :icon_thumleft:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like a treasure hunt of the upmost fun. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small "dump" sites are fairly common. In towns, back by the alley, they'd dig a hole and bury old bottles etc. Some are great. There may also be a privy if the house predates sewers.

You'll get a knack for looking where these sites are.

Have fun!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very thoughtful thing to do you have a big heart. Tommy

Top Member Reactions