Apparently a lot of silver has disappeared in the last year

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to hunt mostly nickels dimes and quarters, and have only been doing halves since about september 2011, and up until a few months ago only a box here and there. Anyways, half pickings have been ridiculously slow, one 40% every two boxes.

One of my banks this week accidentally ordered me eight boxes instead of four. I'm not complaining! just trying to flip em around as fast as I can. I picked up the first three and they were stamped "July 05, 2011." All these boxes had enders, including my first walker and ben enders. let's just say they were loaded, all three. not dream boxes, but very solid, with a silver every few rolls.

Has silver really dried up that much since July 2011? I picked up three more of the eight today, same stamp, multiple enders. This is incredible, I'm having a lot of fun with these eight boxes (I hope the last two have that stamps), although I know that when I'm done with these and go back to my normal boxes the silver will trickle in again.

So, since I'm a veteran CRH but newer to the half boxes, can someone who's been doing them for longer let me know if they've seen a decline in the period of a year? or did I just get lucky with this batch?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I also wonder, Rich Hartford's theory was to do eight boxes from the same bank once a week. he thought that that was the best number in terms of getting deeper in the pallet without circulating through your own dumps too quickly. I have never ordered eight boxes before, only two at a time and once four

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess asking for 2 boxes a week isn't too much lol

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess asking for 2 boxes a week isn't too much lol

2 is the perfect amount, I wouldn't go with eight. to be honest after getting the eight boxes (which was an accident I only asked for four), the teller told me to wait awhile until I order again. Rich Hartford I believe got cut off from a few banks too for doing 8. I've been doing 2 a week at a few banks for awhile now and they have no problems, they always ask if I want more the next week

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just happens like that. Last week, I had 10 boxes from the same bank via multiple branches. Those ten boxes produced over 150 pieces. This week, same bank, 7 keepers so far.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
It just happens like that. Last week, I had 10 boxes from the same bank via multiple branches. Those ten boxes produced over 150 pieces. This week, same bank, 7 keepers so far.

Ouch. Hate those skunks

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My finds from boxes have been lousy since about late 2009. Average one 40% per two boxes since then. My best finds have been from rolls on the line.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I do 4 boxes a week, 1 branch orders me 2 every week, then I alternate between 3 others to get the other 2 a week. It has been hit and miss for me, 11 months ago I wasn't finding as much as I am now, but I don't know why. my longest sknunk streak was 14 boxes about 2 months ago, before that I believe I was averaging about 5 silvers every 2 boxes or so. My averages have been much higher lately. Maverick.

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do 4 boxes a week, 1 branch orders me 2 every week, then I alternate between 3 others to get the other 2 a week. It has been hit and miss for me, 11 months ago I wasn't finding as much as I am now, but I don't know why. my longest sknunk streak was 14 boxes about 2 months ago, before that I believe I was averaging about 5 silvers every 2 boxes or so. My averages have been much higher lately. Maverick.

Interesting, seems like I had a similar pattern, things were skunk for awhile and now picking up. let's hope it stays that way

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver HAS dissapeared since july 2011- my largest skunk streak(50 boxes at 2 boxes a week)- started un august 2011 and lasted until february 2012 and i am on another skunk streak right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread