apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold six fire-king chili bowls. Very nice. Wrapped them triple tight. The buyer sent me a message and stated that one bowl was broke and asked if I had insurance. I responded that I would be more than happy to discount the transaction--what ever would make the customer satisfied. I did not say I had insurance, although, I believe the Priority Mail (box) does insure up to $50. Should I ask for a pic? Or just wait to see the response?
apush

sliverofsilver

Apr 23, 2011
howell , nj
Detector(s) used
eyes, whites classic SL ,Bounty Hunter Tracker I-D/505 ,
Discovery 1100, eyes,hatchet,shovel,scoop,for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id go for both
this way your sure its broke and can possibly work out with ins. on the item with the pics
they might have dropped it themselves if only 1 broke
ask for picture of package also
priority does give $50.00 insurance

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say they were wrapped triple tight. Do you mean the packing was crammed in solidly around the bowls? Its been my experience that packing around fragile items should be slightly spongy to help absorb any shock to the package. With Priority shipping you get $50 of free insurance.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm guessing that the bowls should have been double boxed.

The PO is going to tell you that they were not properly packed, and will say that even if you boxed them in a box big enough to park a full sized Pontiac Grand Prix in it.

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Live and learn! I did receive photos and one was broke in half. I offered her a $10 refund overall as the lot of 6 were $35. I thought that was very fair. We shall see.
apush

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I sold some pristine vintage Fiesta items, and we triple boxed most of those. It was worth it though...I got $80+ for each plate, and $125+ for serving pieces.

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also sold some Fire King coffee cups a few years back that were left in a cottage we bought. I think there were about 9 of them and I thought I had them packed pretty good, but the buyer said one arrived broke. I asked if she would accept a discount and she said yes, so no problem. These type of items are my least favorite things to sell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread