Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
I just read Bigscoop's thread concerning the AT-Pro. I felt it necessary to post a different thread as I feel it is improper to "high jack" threads. I love viewing this particular part of the forum, yet I generally hole up in the coin roll hunting section as that is one of my two passions.

I only have the opportunity to hunt beaches twice a year as my job takes all of my time. I have a toddler level detector (the ACE 250) and I want to upgrade . . . but seeing that I only make it to the beach twice a year, I wanted something reliable, yet fun and worthy at the same time. The ACE has served me well. Lots of clad plus a 14-K gold ring that about blew my headphones off my head. Yet, when it is raining . . . or even misting . . . I run for the hills.

Any advice would be greatly appreicated as I can only hit the water about 2 times per year.

My gratitude--and some day, once retirement hits, I will hope to contribute.

apush

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation! I wish you luck.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Apush,

I have heard many good reports about that Ace 250.

I like my Minelab GT; it goes deep, has an iron null, and the tones are easy to learn.

I bought mine pre-owned, and have never regretted doing so; my recommendation is this detector.

Good luck in whichever machine you decide to purchase.

Lorraine

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010
The AT pro is not good on salt beaches, not here in Cayman anyway. I have a friend that bought one here and ask me to help him out. I could not ever get the machine to calm down in the water, on land it is fine.

I run Excals but if and when I add a new detector to my arsenal it will be a PI unit. Excal II, Fisher CZ-21 both work great in salt water.

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread