Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
I just read Bigscoop's thread concerning the AT-Pro. I felt it necessary to post a different thread as I feel it is improper to "high jack" threads. I love viewing this particular part of the forum, yet I generally hole up in the coin roll hunting section as that is one of my two passions.

I only have the opportunity to hunt beaches twice a year as my job takes all of my time. I have a toddler level detector (the ACE 250) and I want to upgrade . . . but seeing that I only make it to the beach twice a year, I wanted something reliable, yet fun and worthy at the same time. The ACE has served me well. Lots of clad plus a 14-K gold ring that about blew my headphones off my head. Yet, when it is raining . . . or even misting . . . I run for the hills.

Any advice would be greatly appreicated as I can only hit the water about 2 times per year.

My gratitude--and some day, once retirement hits, I will hope to contribute.

apush

Upvote 0
Congratulation! I wish you luck.

Hi Apush,

I have heard many good reports about that Ace 250.

I like my Minelab GT; it goes deep, has an iron null, and the tones are easy to learn.

I bought mine pre-owned, and have never regretted doing so; my recommendation is this detector.

Good luck in whichever machine you decide to purchase.

Lorraine

The AT pro is not good on salt beaches, not here in Cayman anyway. I have a friend that bought one here and ask me to help him out. I could not ever get the machine to calm down in the water, on land it is fine.

I run Excals but if and when I add a new detector to my arsenal it will be a PI unit. Excal II, Fisher CZ-21 both work great in salt water.

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back