Aquaponics.....who wouldnt want to grow like this?

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd ex wife got my homestead,with my version of custom chicken house.
Where i am now i can shoot but need a variance for chickens. I,m sure my neighbors would not object,if they want road and drives plowed again next year.
In my late teens i rented a hundred year old farm. Raised hogs,rabbits,asparagus,blackberries. Boarded one horse and ex had another.
Get stuff set up to well something happens i guess,but wouldn,t have missed it. Scratchin in the dirt is still good for the soul. Planted pole beans three times year before last. Same skinny rabbit got them each time. Offered plenty of shot opportunities but left him be. When i quit replanting an owl got him. Ahh well.

LOL...yep

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd ex wife got my homestead,with my version of custom chicken house.
Where i am now i can shoot but need a variance for chickens. I,m sure my neighbors would not object,if they want road and drives plowed again next year.
In my late teens i rented a hundred year old farm. Raised hogs,rabbits,asparagus,blackberries. Boarded one horse and ex had another.
Get stuff set up to well something happens i guess,but wouldn,t have missed it. Scratchin in the dirt is still good for the soul. Planted pole beans three times year before last. Same skinny rabbit got them each time. Offered plenty of shot opportunities but left him be. When i quit replanting an owl got him. Ahh well. We have 26 dogs,neighbors allright with it far as they know.
Blue if they change zoning or ordinances it would seem you should be grandfathered in so you can continue operations but if you sell it becomes current. Going to depend on local stuff but when you are involved it can be pressed as a requirement to pass new stuff?.

Oh I know...but im still there asking if they want eggs.. or if there kids want a baby rabbit for Easter....I know how to make my point...LOL Keep in mind how I came on strong here and found my grove...:laughing7:

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway...FISH AND PLANTS...you guys keep derailing me....:BangHead:

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[video=youtube;yVfav6LNEWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=yVfav6LNEWQ&feature=fvwp[/video]

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a whole new thread...and it will be ( My communications survival shack)...ill throw you a bone though..a yaesu ft-1000d

I can guanentee you have heard my call #'s if your active but I will never post them on here...i dont know why its just me...

I myself am a freebander I stay within 11 meters,and,am a very courteous operator,when it comes right down to it,communication is VITAL,sure wish I had one of them high dollar radios,all I got is a Super Star SS 3900 EGHP,I had a 4 element homemade yagi with a 3 inch boom made from a RV canopy roller,I had maybe 20 bucks into it,a boy gave me a MoonRaker 4 for helping Him clean his garage and I combined them,that was the peak of cycle 23,I talked to a LOT of Countries,I always asked 'how did you learn English',it was always the same reply,talking on the radio,I love the ether,unfortunatley I had to leave it there,now I use a 5/8 wave dipole,although I have another 4 element yagi with a crank down tower of my own design I have yet to put up.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a great thread. You should start a survival thread talking about living off the land. I have a farm and grow my own food (still in a traditional garden) and raise and breed fowls and have a huge flock of wild pigions. I also have some hutches but no rabbits yet. I want to get into bigger animals but the wife keeps saying no. Good luck to you sir.

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself am a freebander I stay within 11 meters,and,am a very courteous operator,when it comes right down to it,communication is VITAL,sure wish I had one of them high dollar radios,all I got is a Super Star SS 3900 EGHP,I had a 4 element homemade yagi with a 3 inch boom made from a RV canopy roller,I had maybe 20 bucks into it,a boy gave me a MoonRaker 4 for helping Him clean his garage and I combined them,that was the peak of cycle 23,I talked to a LOT of Countries,I always asked 'how did you learn English',it was always the same reply,talking on the radio,I love the ether,unfortunatley I had to leave it there,now I use a 5/8 wave dipole,although I have another 4 element yagi with a crank down tower of my own design I have yet to put up.

I see your point...sounds good as well...unless its needed it is only a high priced toy..I agree..BUT when SHTF happens I will hear all.. when all others will be lighting candles..I have a few beams and a 5/8 dipole..but all the wrong people will see them a mile away if you know what i mean...thats where my ak's will help but anyway..

I will hit you up on this..later..for sure we need to talk

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a great thread. You should start a survival thread talking about living off the land. I have a farm and grow my own food (still in a traditional garden) and raise and breed fowls and have a huge flock of wild pigions. I also have some hutches but no rabbits yet. I want to get into bigger animals but the wife keeps saying no. Good luck to you sir.

Man I want to but I think people would jump on that just to poke fun...I know I would get a few good point across but you never know..we have talked before and I know we are on the same page and that makes all the difference...but my way of life is ODD to 80% of people on here cause to much time has pass, that way of life is gone now

Stay small my friend..I know bigger means more meat but then you have to store it and if you cant salt and dehydrate it, and dont have a way to freeze it off the grid your back to square one..small is good a meal at a time and it is harder to see a chicken or a rabbit , from a distance... compaired to a goat or pig or cow.

If you think you can pull it off I have a lot of know how on salting and dehydrating...but nothing on hiding animals that size from hungary people..LOL

Oh...luck has nothing to do with it...bloody hands and back pain has everything to do with it...my friend..God be with you

Last edited:
OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NOW, think of this...who cant get a few barrels...

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Oh ok ...line it like you said then and use the overflow as the place where the Aquponics starts....unless your just gonna float beds on the pond...I have had hundreds of those cups till i decided how I wanted the final setup...I got mine on ebay...2" Net Pot Cup 100pk | eBay keep in mind pots need be small, roots dont stay in them...they hang in the water...

If your wanting to just use floating beds though you will need to have some sort of air bubbling underthem...my system floods and drains ...roots need air to not rot...but they can stay in the water 24/7 with some bubbles...

Hay thanks. I could put the panels in the pond and put soaker hoses hooked to a compressor under them for the air agitation.
I might try rainbow trout for the fish as they bring a good price around here in the stores. I can get them from the game comm. hatchery for a nominal cost. Frank...

CASIO-1 016.jpg

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay thanks. I could put the panels in the pond and put soaker hoses hooked to a compressor under them for the air agitation.
I might try rainbow trout for the fish as they bring a good price around here in the stores. I can get them from the game comm. hatchery for a nominal cost. Frank...

View attachment 756045

Sounds like a plan....it should work fine...take a pic when you get the beds floating....

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
My yard is all chain-link..with 6 foot wood privacy fence added to it all around...you have to make a point to look in my yard...LOL

If that happens, your gonna ask about the wind turbine and CB/HAM antenna tower...or my wonderful dogs which are PITS....yes I said pits

I even have kids..OMG
Here's mine. He is a statfordshire terrior, commonly called a red nose pit bull. Frank...

Blue 1212.jpg

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand where you are coming from. I have my wifes side of the family that doesn't seem to understand why I do what I do. Majority of people have no idea the work that goes into raising and butchering animals. I raised pigs once and my rottweiller killed them all in one night, I had alot of meat that winter! People dont seem to want to know where the meat comes from, they think meat comes from a store brought there my magical fairies. Good luck to you my friend and as always HH.

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Right on..man..and I do want to say sorry for making you use CAPS on me for taking over your thread...when I get going ...I keep going ...I am sorry

I used talipia one time ...got them from ebay and winter hit and I had a lot of 2" fish to eat...:laughing7:..didnt think about the whole warm and cold blood thing...here

fry them up like smelt..it wasnt so bad...:BangHead:

I thought my CAPS post was just being funny. I know it's hard to see me grin on the net.
You mentioned smelt. I haven't heard of that fish since leaving Chicago.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's mine. He is a statfordshire terrior, commonly called a red nose pit bull. Frank...

View attachment 756096

What some do to Pits in New Mexico would make a man cry. I once stumbled across three that had been killed. Probably their fighting days were over.
Blu, you've got me thinking about spring planting. I'm not good with living things (some) even after following directions. I know a green thumb is a gift.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Right on....sorry if I worded anything that seemed, like I was pissy....I was just saying..LOL
CLF's are good but my converters don't like kicking them on...I have used those on my nipsco electric but im about done with
all that...but you are 100 % right...the most part I use LED's in the house...and everything here is 12 volt as much as I can...
I am sorry about your issue..never meant to make a funny of that in any way...sorta sounded like you grew weed....which I
did a few times just for the cash but it wasn't worth it ....

No worries at all...in fact, I make more fun of this disease than most people ever could. I have to
live with the SOB day in and day out, and poking fun at it is one of the ways I cope.

Strictly medical gardening here for past 10 years, and it's no doubt a far better med than
what the Doc's can offer. They give me Valium and Phenergen which, if I have to take them
pretty much can ruin the day (and the next day too), but herbal meds have almost instant results, and
allow me to continue being active, and not waste a whole day because of a 4 hr. vertigo attack.

Fortunately, I live in a state where the Governor(s) are big believers in the "will of the people".

Not really a subject for T-net, but clearing the air a bit.

Ever read about how the Natives (in many countries) used natural hydroponics
to grow their plants? They would build rafts to hold them, and then set the rafts
in a pond below a small waterfall and let the plants naturally grow roots right
down into the river/lake. Concept of hydroponics has been around for many
centuries, but we've sure taken it to the "modern" age, and made it far more
complicated than it really is. The method you use in growing is about as original and
effective as doing it indoors with lots of equipment to make sure ya don't screw up.

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries at all...in fact, I make more fun of this disease than most people ever could. I have to
live with the SOB day in and day out, and poking fun at it is one of the ways I cope.

Strictly medical gardening here for past 10 years, and it's no doubt a far better med than
what the Doc's can offer. They give me Valium and Phenergen which, if I have to take them
pretty much can ruin the day (and the next day too), but herbal meds have almost instant results, and
allow me to continue being active, and not waste a whole day because of a 4 hr. vertigo attack.

Fortunately, I live in a state where the Governor(s) are big believers in the "will of the people".

Not really a subject for T-net, but clearing the air a bit.

Ever read about how the Natives (in many countries) used natural hydroponics
to grow their plants? They would build rafts to hold them, and then set the rafts
in a pond below a small waterfall and let the plants naturally grow roots right
down into the river/lake. Concept of hydroponics has been around for many
centuries, but we've sure taken it to the "modern" age, and made it far more
complicated than it really is. The method you use in growing is about as original and
effective as doing it indoors with lots of equipment to make sure ya don't screw up.

LOL...right on

I new you grew that stuff...:tongue3:

Keep up the good fight....:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread