Aquaponics.....who wouldnt want to grow like this?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, just got the flyer from the market. Farmed rainbow trout are going for $9/pound. Looks like the pond gets stocked and a vegie topping. Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg Well maybe my pond isn't quite that big. lol

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay, just got the flyer from the market. Farmed rainbow trout are going for $9/pound. Looks like the pond gets stocked and a vegie topping. Frank...

View attachment 758992 Well maybe my pond isn't quite that big. lol

Right on...sounds like a plan...keep in mind...you gotta catch them out later...or pump the water out, or put some sort of net in before and just pick it up later..:tongue3: plan ahead...saves a lot of back issues....:thumbsup:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Right on...sounds like a plan...keep in mind...you gotta catch them out later...or pump the water out, or put some sort of net in before and just pick it up later..:tongue3: plan ahead...saves a lot of back issues....:thumbsup:

Here's the plan, I have 7 springs on my farm. One comes out from under my house and forms a stream 3' wide and app.1' deep. This runs about 50' to where I divert some of the water into the 20' dia. pond. I will stock the pond and stream with rainbows and crappies to feed on plus EPS panels in the pond. I use to work for the state game commission stocking ponds years ago so I know about stocking the proper ratio of game fish and feeders.
Wow, I could probably clear $4.50 a pound for $9.00 retail. Frank...

Fish Pap 1.jpg Well, these will have to do. I can't find rainbows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions