OP
OP
VOC

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes of course, but its all the about headline nowdays !

Not so sure about this theory, bit like Gavin Menzies 1421 theory if you ask me !

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chinese coins with dates from before Columbus supposedly discovered america were found in north america.

And i know someone that knows where a bronze age phonetician wreck is in the Caribbean complete with a bronze chain and amphora.

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
FISHEYE said:
Chinese coins with dates from before Columbus supposedly discovered america were found in north america.

So...?

And i know someone that knows where a bronze age phonetician wreck is in the Caribbean complete with a bronze chain and amphora.

How was it dated?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the viking's were here earlier too * the villiage found intact in canada * is like oh 1000 AD ish show that --and its well known that vikings were a explorer race of people who's vessels were ideally suited for along the coast type sailing --so its fairly much a given that the vikings "discovered' the new world long before CC did -- rumor is that CC's navigators were using info gleaned from old "viking maps" of old when they came looking for the "new world"

eborac

Jan 15, 2005
North Queensland, Australia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fisheye,
Were they found on the site of a pre-Columbus chinese take away ? :-)

Got Treasure ?

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the Lithuianions were the first people to arrive in America is that true?

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
ivan salis said:
the viking's were here earlier too * the villiage found intact in canada * is like oh 1000 AD ish show that --and its well known that vikings were a explorer race of people who's vessels were ideally suited for along the coast type sailing --so its fairly much a given that the vikings "discovered' the new world long before CC did -- rumor is that CC's navigators were using info gleaned from old "viking maps" of old when they came looking for the "new world"

The Anse aux Meadows is the only known site for an European contact prior to the Spanish:

http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/nl/meadows/natcul/hist.aspx

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alexandre said:
FISHEYE said:

So...?

How was it dated?
It was dated before you were born.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coins were found near a mine.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
make that a permanent type settlement * not just mere "contact" *

I'm fairly sure there was other contact due to the fact that the vikings lived there for quite some time and by the very nature of their culture , they were explorers -- clearly they would have travelled around while hunting and gathering even if there were not permanent settlements erected at all the "contact' points .

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back then north america was a wilderness,im sure they didnt travel far from the coast

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alexandre said:
tarpon192 said:
It was dated before you were born.

The "when" its not relevant. What is relevant is the "how" and "by whom".
They were struck ,or made by hand, and by people you never known, but I know you want to learn something from them - don't you alex?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Remember, Cristabol Colon, the man you call Christopher Colombus, (He founded several Central American ports that are now cities, and Costa Rica named their "dollar " after him. ) didnt discover America, he was sent here to find a land passage way across, so the Pacific/Indian ocean fleets could get the goods home to Spain. They had been dealing with the Orient for a long time. He never ever set foot on what is now USA. They knew there was a land here, and they wanted to get the goods back. I kind of think the USA has some kind of mental block when it comes to Cristabol Colon - AKA by USA as, Cristopher Columbus-the discoverer of America! I just about got kicked out of elementary school in the mid 60s because of that, and many other things that close minded people cant get through their thick skulls, and same with my son in the late 90s. There are several wrecks on the Cali/US West Coast/Mexican West coast that are early Spanish. Also several Chinese wrecks. There was some carvings/writings that were dated way back about 2500 years old, in Oklahoma and some in new Mexico, and had a writing/langauge that was only used in the Middle East in BC. Some of those are still there. There have been several Phonecian age wrecks found in the New World as it was called. Well over 1000 years. Amophora, and other decribing features. It is fairly well known that the Vikings were here way prior to Colon.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:

Remember, Cristabol Colon, the man you call Christopher Colombus, (He founded several Central American ports that are now cities, and Costa Rica named their "dollar " after him. ) didnt discover America, he was sent here to find a land passage way across, so the Pacific/Indian ocean fleets could get the goods home to Spain. They had been dealing with the Orient for a long time. He never ever set foot on what is now USA. They knew there was a land here, and they wanted to get the goods back. I kind of think the USA has some kind of mental block when it comes to Cristabol Colon - AKA by USA as, Cristopher Columbus-the discoverer of America! I just about got kicked out of elementary school in the mid 60s because of that, and many other things that close minded people cant get through their thick skulls, and same with my son in the late 90s. There are several wrecks on the Cali/US West Coast/Mexican West coast that are early Spanish. Also several Chinese wrecks. There was some carvings/writings that were dated way back about 2500 years old, in Oklahoma and some in new Mexico, and had a writing/langauge that was only used in the Middle East in BC. Some of those are still there. There have been several Phonecian age wrecks found in the New World as it was called. Well over 1000 years. Amophora, and other decribing features. It is fairly well known that the Vikings were here way prior to Colon.
Thank you.

sannleiki er manni ótti

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Bum Luck said:
Alexandre said:
The Anse aux Meadows is the only known site for an European contact prior to the Spanish:

http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/nl/meadows/natcul/hist.aspx

So?

Well, so one thing is ARCHAEOLOGICAL FACT. Another, is a LEAP OF FAITH aka NEW AGE MUMBO JUMBO.

I could go to the USA right now, "salt" some Iowa cornfields with some 2,000 year old Roman (or Chinese) coins - that would prove only a thing: that some Roman coins were found in Iowa. It's not the "what"; it's the "how" that matters.

Some people believe in astrology, some in astronomy - but only the later ones need fact to believe. And, in archaeology, you need context in order to prove a fact - if you dont have a context, you end up with a fairy tale. All those "phonecian" wrecks in the Carribean are fairy tales until someone comes up with hard evidence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions