Are pull tabs 14k gold?

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Wasn't going to hunt today. The wife went to visit her sister and my daughter called me to let me know of a sale at the local Meijers. So, I had to go to Meijers anyway and I just happened to go by a park. Had to stop. The woodchips are real hard in this park so I really didn't expect to find anything. Found two pennies then got a pretty good pull tab signal, what the heck, I wasn't finding anything anyway. I had been to this park before but I must have missed this signal. Three inches down was a *14K man's wedding band. Does anyone know what the asterisk stands for? Pretty cool being that I found a woman's wedding band just last week. I must have been excited because I dug a dime on the way to the car and the dime never found its way into my pocket..haha, now I see how people lose things. ;D

So I found me an Elementary School that I had never tried. Found 8 quarters, 6 dimes, 1 nickel and 30 pennies and a kids ring and a little cat charm. Not a bad haul. On the way home I found 3 other playgrounds that I never knew existed...looks like I'll have something to do in the next couple days...bummer! 8)

Attachments

• Coins6-10.jpg
    Coins6-10.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 540
  • Coins6-10a.jpg
    Coins6-10a.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 532
Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, Prober!

;) RR

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prober,
Great post. Very nice finding GOLD!!! Bet you can't wait to hit your new spots now.
You going back for that missing dime? ;D
Congrats,
MM

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow Bob, the schools on your side of the state have all the gold ;) ;D

Wooowhooo!! Congrats on the sweet finds buddy.
I wasn't going to hunt today either but I ended up getting out for a quick evening hunt and scored a goldie too. I'll post later.

WTG my friend, I am really happy for you and thanks for sharing these great finds!

Smiles!
BDoo

R

RUDY2003

Dang Prober you are persistant....Nice pile....Cool rings...
Keep safe....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread