I KNEW THERE WAS GOLD!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
As I have posted earlier, I have been going back over a soccer field that produced 5 silver rings and an 8" 14K gold chain bracelet. This second time over has taken me several days to do a thorough job. I knew with finding the 5 silver rings that there just had to be a gold ring or two, and I was determined to find it. Finally, with about 10' of the field left to search, I hit paydirt. It was a 14K gold opal ring! The main opal is broken, but that's OK, it can be replaced. My total for the soccer field is:
21 Quarters
66 Dimes
33 Nickels
201 Pennies
5 Silver Rings, 1 with 14K rope around it
1 8" 14K Gold Chain Bracelet
1 14K Gold Opal Ring
1 100 Peso Coin
1 Canadian Penny
1 Sac Dollar
1 Roosevelt Commemorative Coin
Numerous trinkets and token
AND A TON OF PULL TABS AND SHREDDED ALUMINIUM
Now I can rest, mission accomplished!
This is the soccer field:
Vollyball field 1.JPG
These are the finds from my first time over the field (quick search)
Volleyball field2.JPG
soccer field.JPG
These are my finds from my 2nd time over:
Vollyball field 1.JPG
Volleyball field2.JPG

Attachments

• soccer field 2nd.JPG
    soccer field 2nd.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,276
  • 14K RING.JPG
    14K RING.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,271
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice hot spot!!
Wow and wow on the sweet gold and opal ring,
wooowhooo!!! Congrats to you. TRhanks for sharing!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hey Piggman!
You're dedicated and I respect that a lot!!!

Great job, and great haul in cleaning out that soccer field. What size coil are you primarily using? And, have you gone back over it with your largest? As a test, I do just that in an area where I have had reasonable success. Surprisingly I haven't left much behind! :)

You may wash your hands now! :)
GRB

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W!! Awesome finds! You really cleaned up that soccer field. Congrats!

;) RR

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man,
You gave that field a GOOD cleaning! That opal ring looks very nice. Fantastic finds.
Congrats to you,
MM

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I have the standard 9" coil for the Spectrum and the Sun Ray XL-1 Pinpointer setup. I hope to get a bigger and smaller coil soon. Man, I like that Sun Ray. I've seen people detecting this field before, I would hate to be the next one. I'm sure there are still some targets, but they will be far and few between.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Congrats on the opal ring, it's a beauty. I still like the 5 silver rings too. Great hunting...you did a good job.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't the soccer player's mind you digging holes in there pitch? :D

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Since the soccer players are mainly little kids, they don't mind much except when they have to lower a rope to get one of their players out.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
WOW :o Great job on cleaning up that field! You must have been very thorough in your search.
What a haul!

HH
~Nash~

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I can't tell from your scan the type of opal you have. It doesn't look like the "normal" Australian opal which is white. It looks more like a black opal. If that's the case, you might want to be sitting down when they tell you how much it will be to replace it - http://www.frozenlightning.com/catalog/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=60

3.5 carats - $1335.00

If it is a black opal, I would suggest you look at what they call a triplet. It is a base with a very thin opal and a quartz top. Still look very nice at a real reasonable price.

Quite a haul from a soccer field. How the heck was playing soccer there to lose that kind of bling?

Daryl

O

ohannos

very nice ring. could be black or semiblack opal. even though it is not white it could still be australian. keep em comming
ohannos

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Black opal tends to come chiefly from lightning ridge Australia. It is the best opal they produce.

Daryl

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds for a soccer field and congrats on the gold! I have detected a few soccer fields as I am in Germany, they do not give up much here. I was looking at one today while detecting and snubbed my nose at it, I may give it a try tomorrow though, LOL! HH, Mike

R

RUDY2003

Great job Pig...That looks like a good start..HEHEHE. That opa ring is way cool. I know its' hot and dry here most of the time, don't the soccer field have any grass on it????
Keep safe...

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Took the ring to a jeweler and was told that the stone is "jelly opal", and to match the colors and repair the ring it would run around $100.00. I think I'll wait and check a few other places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread