May 31, 2014
Riverview
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 900
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey all, just a quick question. I realize that beaches such as Clearwater and St. Pete beach are ok to detect but I was wondering about smaller beaches such as Ben T Beach, Davis Island Beach, Picnic beach. I wasn't aware of all the restrictions and quite honestly, I am finding it really difficult to find out all the general rules about detecting.....seems to kind of be all over the road except it appears that the waterline up to the dunes are ok..... Parks seem off limits at least here in Hillsborough County, but then people have told me you can still go and they, the park staff, will tell you nicely that you cannot detect in the parks if it isn't permitted.... I am just trying to make sure I am in compliance.... Thank you in advance.!

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was metal detecting at Honeymoon Island State Park and was way further from the beach than I probably should have been. A short time later a park ranger came riding by in a golf cart. He smiled and waved as he drove by!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Tampa beaches are okay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread