relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The bloodsucking little no goods. I can count on 10-20 bites a year. I check myself all over after I get out of the woods but when they bite I get a skin reaction that comes so quickly I can remove the little demons before they can get their diseases into my bloodstream. In a few cases I’ll take a round of doxycycline. Kill them ALL

Southern Sis

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bloodsucking little no goods. I can count on 10-20 bites a year. I check myself all over after I get out of the woods but when they bite I get a skin reaction that comes so quickly I can remove the little demons before they can get their diseases into my bloodstream. In a few cases I’ll take a round of doxycycline. Kill them ALL

THIS WORKS FOR ME:
About 5+ yrs ago, I read taking garlic daily would deter ticks & mosquitoes from biting. I live in the south, on 3 acres, in the country. Ticks & mosquitoes here are as thick as thieves.

Although skeptical, I decided to give it a try. It was said although you will not smell like garlic, they can detect it through your pores, therefore will not bite. Within a week or 2, the rare occasion I would find 1 or 2 on me, they were never attached. Also, while sitting on the front porch one day, I noticed a mosquito hovering over my arm. It kept wanting to bite, but every time it would get closer it would back off. Never did bite. I now take garlic daily, year round.

I settled on the following because you do not taste or burp it, & they are only a little larger than a BB. Upon getting up each morning I take 4 to 6. It is just garlic, so it will not hurt you. It is an antioxidant that is also beneficial for your heart, cholesterol levels & circulation.

Nature's Bounty Garlic Extract 1000 mg Softgels, 100 ea.

I started off buying it in Walgreen’s when they had a BOGO sale. Now, I can often find better deals on Amazon.

Note: Do not give it to your dogs, as I have read it will harm them!

JoeCool69

Mar 31, 2023
A couple of years ago I got a "rescue" dog. The only thing that seemed to make him happy was walks. Loooong walks. Hikes, really. So I'd walk the Hell out of him every day. And for the first time in my life, I got bitten by ticks. They were the size of a pin head. So, I looked online for something to repel them. One lady wrote she used an essential oil call Rose Geranium on her dog, and her dog never got ticks. So I bought some, put a drop on his head, and at the base of his tail. For me, I put a few drops & some water, and a little rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, and sprayed my feet & legs lightly after that, and neither of us ever had a problem. It really worked. Try it, you like it. ;^)b

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread