Are there any New Jersey hunters on here?

halvesplease

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
new jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y'all I just joined this site but was wondering if i am the only searcher in New Jersey, i've been doing this treasure coin roll hunting for 2 years now and never came across anybody doing the same thing as I do searching for silver.

If you are from New Jersey like I am, please post here and we can compare our results.
Have a silver filled week
Mary

Upvote 0

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mary. If you are a long time lurker you would know I'm from NJ. I also metal detect.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mary i do 30 to 66 boxes a week

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure every 5th person in this forum searches in New Jersey.

OP
OP
H

halvesplease

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
new jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all, I have been getting a gut feeling that my main order bank is going to cut me off, they said when i picked up my 14 boxes the other day that company policy is changing but did not tell me anymore.. a lot more folks than i thought to be searching in new jersey, i have never run across anybody else
Mary

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what happens when banks see $100k in halves moving around every week... It certainly doesn't circulate, so they know something is up. Keep your orders to 4-6 boxes a week and you will probably never have that issue, just my two cents...

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not into coin roll hunting but I am from NJ so, hi, and welcome to the forum.

I have read posts on the subject.
Some people said something about having 2 or 3 seperate bank accounts with different bank companies and then using them as one bank to draw coins from and another to deposit coins already hunted and then alternating them around back and forth after a month or two. That way they avoided the problem you are running into.
I think it goes something like this:

example:
Bank #1 withdraw half the boxes you need
Bank #2 withdraw the other half of the boxes of coins you need.
Bank #3 Deposit hunted boxes from bank #1 and Bank #2

Next time
Bank #1 withdraw half the boxes you need
Bank #3 withdraw the other half of the boxes you need
Bank #2 Deposit hunted boxes from Bank #1 and bank #3

Next time
Bank #2 withdraw half the boxes you need
Bank #3 withdraw the other half of the boxes of coins you need.
Bank #1 Deposit hunted boxes from Bank #2 and bank #3

Next time
go back to the first step.

That way all the banks are seeing money moving in and out of the accounts in different ammounts instead of the way you were doing it where only one bank was seeing you withdraw X amount in coins and then depositing the same amount back in a few days.

I just thought of something, the banks probably have a program in their computers to monitor for accounts that have amounts of money withdrawn and then when a similar amount is deposited in a short time. It is probably a security measure because it is the same technique used to launder illegal money. So their security alerts the bank branch of something fishy going on in your account that they are not sure of. Then the branch stops you from doing it anymore.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread