Im a new member here but a long time lurker

halvesplease

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
new jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a new member here but a long time lurker

Hey y'all, I've been a long time lurker here and finally decided to join treasurenet.com
I want to introduce myself

My name is Mary and I am from New Jersey. I got into coin roll treasure hunting when I stumbled across this site two years ago searching about metal detectors and free silver. I am so glad I found this site, there are lots of wonderful folks on here and they are very helpful to beginners!

I primarily search half dollars(50 cent pieces) for silver but occasionally do nickels. I do 28 boxes of half dollars every single week and plan to even increace my volume even more come july! silver has been slim pickins but i do plan to post my finds on here monthly. I got a box of half dollars today and about half the box had silver edges, but none of those silver edges were silver, the coin had a black sharpie mark on them and a silver painted edge.

I have found 4 barber half dollars and 1 seated half dollar back in 2010 when i first started, all from the same box, which produced 375 silvers if I recall correctly, most being ben franklin half dollars. The years of the oldies I cannot recall.

Hope everybody has a silver week
Mary

Upvote 0

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
... I got a box of half dollars today and about half the box had silver edges, but none of those silver edges were silver, the coin had a black sharpie mark on them and a silver painted edge...
Hi Mary. Welcome.
Did the painted edge halves you found look like this http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...our-username-avatar-thread-2.html#post2725219? If so, you know who's responsible.

... I have found 4 barber half dollars and 1 seated half dollar back in 2010 when i first started, all from the same box, which produced 375 silvers if I recall correctly, most being ben franklin half dollars. The years of the oldies I cannot recall...

You had a box that was more than 1/3 silver?!? Holy smokes.

I look forward to following your finds. Post pics if you can.

OP
OP
H

halvesplease

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
new jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quite honestly have absolutely no clue who paints the edges of the half dollars, i have tried and tried to find out, i guess somebody has way too much time on their hands. I only had one dream box, all the rest of the boxes are averaging less than 1 silver per box, if i get above 25 silvers per week I am happy
Mary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions