Are you a member of GPAA

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Hi all, are you aware of a good organization called Gold Prospectors of America? If so are you a member? They have places to mine,metal detect for gold nuggets sponsor outings and protect our land rights just to name a few things going on with them. Check it out you will be pleasantly suprised at what they do and it will help our sport out. Hardrock ;D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hardrock

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Hey ya just can't please everybody!!!!!! Hardrock

trgams

Apr 21, 2003
Columbia, SC, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
As I noted on annother post, I'm a new member...I've checked out two different places to pan for gold listed in their mining guide....they both looked great, it's too hot right now to be out for any ammount of time prospecting, but come this fall I'm going on an adventure!!! It is a great hobby, and a good organization. One thing that the GPAA does is try to protect your rights to use public lands for prospecting, I'm all for that.. I hope they keep up the great work, and I'll renew my membership next year! :) Hope gold fever gets all of you !!! :) Cheers!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY MEMBERSHIP, is just expireing, living here IN PA, & not a travaler, I have little use for them, personally. I will miss their Magazine, however over the last year that is all I received from them. I WISH THE FMDAC, or ANOTHER ORGANIZATION WOULD CONSIDER DOING SOMETHING LIKE THEY DO ( buy land, for metal detectorists to hunt ) BUT IN ALL THE STATES. If the GPAA ever buys / Leases land in PA I would definately re-join.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
:-\ I have THREE CHARTER Memberships to the GPAA!
And!
>:(? They don't even send me a magazine!
I have never rec'd the book/maps of the camp/gold areas!
And!
I was one of the first members!
But!
No! Sweat!
I have only been to one of the camps, and that was so full of "Snow Birds" that You couldn't park anywhere!
You don't really need to go to these camping areas,
Heck!
The whole West is open for prospecting!
Atleast it is as of TODAY!
AND! If we don't use it, we'll end up losing it!
Cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
;D? Hi Dell:
Let's hope that we have more luck than I have had with GPAA!
In the 20+ yrs., they have never sent me a more than a couple of copies of the magazine!
I gave up calling them about it yrs. ago!
;)? ? I'm waiting for word.......Las Vegas !!!
cptbil

trgams

Apr 21, 2003
Columbia, SC, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I must admit, at first I didn't get my magazine...I e-mailed their customer service department...got a response in less than 24 hours....and my first magazine and pick and shovel gazette in less than a week. I thought that was pretty good customer service....Just relating my own personal experience. Cheers! :)

7redgoats

No not yet I live in north west Oregon EAGLE POINT area JACKSON COUNTY I know GOLD is all around picked up a set of state maps on GOLD /SILVER GEM maps I know I should join but have,nt yet I guess sence it seems costly I make under fifteen thousand a year I'm poor thousand a month take home been un-employed a week now .Oh well I'll join soon enough

Gretchen

Aug 2, 2004
My husband and I have a lifetime paid membership to GPAA and LDMA for many years now. We have received their magazine and yearly mining book uninterrupted even thou we have moved several times. Now that we have retired we plan to go to some of their functions. We live now in gold country and I plan to use my metal detector to find some gold nuggets. Right now we are in a massive snow storm, so I will have to wait til Spring. Gretchen.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hay!
"Sevenredgoats" !!!!
A friend of mine, in No. CA., was in the same (your) situation!
He was on SSI!
Barely making it!
I went up to visit him, a few years back!

Since I was going to be in Gold Country....
I had taken my "bacpac" dredge along!
? ;)? BUT!? To the Point!
I left the dredge with him..
He went into full time dredging.

;D? He is now independently wealthy,
WELL!
::)? MAYBE ! Not Quite...
But!
Atleast he has been able and has moved to a much better home, instead of living out of his travel trailer!
And!
He now has a new 4x4? AND! ? ?He send me a check for $0000.00 !
(I don't want to mention the amount, as, you never know when the IRS will be checking this site)

7redgoats

Sounds good to me .I'm on my way to the public library and then to B.L.M. to ask rock hounding panning area questions.I sure would like a new 4x4 guess I'll use my old one for now .Oh yeah I did pan some ground near gold (flour or flower ) pick which spelling you like and found some flakes read about checking for fools gold and it dose shine not all but some.I'll join the club G.P.A.A. some time this year better check the classified adds because moneyis low and my TEMP.job source has'nt found me a job .

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Say! 7 Red Goats:
Save your money and spend it on equipment!
You can always join later!
? ::)? A new 4x4 ??
Hey! you're making me jealous!
? No! Not REALLY!
I have been running around in my 1977 Jeep Wagoneer for the past 15 yrs!
I wouldn't trade my '77, for three, heck! for 5! new 4x4s!
I can tell you some? ?:( SAD! Sad? But! True !? storys about these newer 4x4s!? :(
There isn't ONE! piece of Alum. on my ' 77 Jeep!
? >:( Usually, the first part that breaks, is one of those flimsy, alum. trans. case!? :P

W

wepc

I would start off with the GPAA and join another local club to your area. Local clubs offer better claims and learning experience. I was a member of GPAA for one year and then switched to a more serious club a non profit club. There are hundreds of smaller clubs that carry better claims.
Thats my advice.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
? :)? 7 Red Goats:
Mr(?) "wepc" is correct!
? :D? A Local Club would be much better!? :)
You're be learning from people who are actually working in your area!
They'll beable to clue you in on any special conditions/problems, Etc..
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? &
NOT! Just Trying to promote their trips to Alaska!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The focus of GPAA has changed since Buzzard said good-bye. The magazine is still good and helpful to newbie's and the claims guide gives them some place to go. The day of the free spirts is almost gone. Until you become a self starter or a joiner it's a good place to be.....Art

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7 reds
save your cash and buy or make some equipment,scroung up free stuff
look in the trash one mans trash,etc lots of free stuff for the taking if
your not to proud im not! found a cb and some nice craftsman tools
once on "treasure" day a few doors down when the people moved out.
dont think the gpaa is right for you they just want your money!they got
mine their mag is geared for 8th grade mentality helped me at first now im
on a level that this mag does almost nothing for me sept tell me everything
in their mag is "going to get you gold"and yours in their pockets!the "buzz"man
god bless him was a nut and bolts guy his kids just talk a game of "com up and see"
see your wallet dry up!sorry for the long responce but i feel i was misleed "claims in all 50
state"b#$%^#&* my eye almost none in the midwest were i live be glad to scan some claims and send them to you from your area see if its up your alley!!!not mine, better off joining a local club they wont pull your chain.another thing study anything about geology in you area!get the info and youll know wre to look for gods metal.try USGS on line and even a local college,library i studied it for about a year here and should have a BA by now from the amount of rock info i have.not my hat anymore but still have my books so not totally lost if i get lucky one day!no gold in illinois (large volumes<load gold)mostly fines have found some but the digging aint worth it 5 /5gallon buckets of gravel and sand for 5 specks the size of a period on the screen!have a sluice box getting dusty in the corner of the garage so think wisely on the money you spend theirs other ways to spend it not expecting to get rich but enjoy some fun with the family but i have to travel 500 miles to go anywhre good ,that not going to happen my wallets about as full as yours so.thankx for the rant!!!
;D DEKALb33

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
7RedGoats:
If you'll go to :
Tomashworth's website, you'll find plenty of plans to build your own equipment!
Anyone ever see plans to build anything in The GPAA Magazine?
Their thinking must be, "Hey! If you can't afford to buy it (from one of their advertisers) you don't need it.
??? Here's a thought! ::)
How much :o of todays equipment, wasn't home (I like to use the word, "custom") build before it hit the market?

P

PatPhillips

I'm not a member of the GPAA but my son was. He got everything they said they'd deliver just like you would expect too. And there are free plans for things right on their website. The only reason I don't belong is that I am cursed to live here in Texass for a while and there isn't anyplace to do any serious prospecting until you get out around El Paso, which from Dallas area is halfway to San Diego and your're still in Texass. If I was going to go that far I might as well just go on to Arizona. Pat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions