ARE YOU FINDING ANYTHING?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While prospecting not many days go by that I don't encounter someone that asks "Are You Finding Anything". Since this forum covers a wide territory I was wondering if anyone had a standard phrase they use in those situations. Mine is simply "Specks".

"Not much, i may need to move spots soon here..."

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope but I got the pan for $1 at a garage sale so I thought I would give it a try. That Black box over there is just a beer cooler. You need to shovel rocks in the keep the beer from floating away.

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope but I got the pan for $1 at a garage sale so I thought I would give it a try. That Black box over there is just a beer cooler. You need to shovel rocks in the keep the beer from floating away.
I like you're style haha

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked up the new Notka Fors gold detector yesterday and lots to learn but this weekend will hopefully find some shine and less bears and snakes-John

newman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2014
Yuba County, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Oh, just a little here and there..." At Salmon Falls area, the amount of rafters coming by asking the same question has led me to pack up just about 1pm.... At least 50 times the question is asked... Annoying.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rafting guide "off to your left is a modern day prospector, 3/4 of the gold still remains even after the rush". Are you getting any? I just give 2 big thumbs up and smile. Leave a good impression on the city folk!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was down in the jungle the other day. Didn"t find any gold. But I did find some diamonds.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
What? You mean we're supposed to FIND something?!?! I was just washing the rocks off because they're just sooo dirty!

...and yes, I AM a smarta$$ and love it at times!

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My usual reply......."It's been a good day, almost got enough to buy a cup of coffee today".

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've yet to find enough to have to come up with a line.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Nothing but trash, but I do it to keep the creek clean, not for myself."

If I see someone and they see me, they ask, every time.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Just enough to keep me coming back"

I also like the story you hear most everywhere, where just around this area some guy found a ___ Gram nugget.

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish I had a phrase to post but I've never seen people while prospecting lol. If I ever come across anyone I'll steal one of these ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread