Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masks aren't just for your personal protection, they are for the protection of those around you. The thing that really sucks about this virus is that you may have no symptoms or mild symptoms but still be able to infect other people around you.

View attachment 1819924

Not really seeing the net benifits. The same amount of colors are coming out. Ones just going up, and other is going out. What do you think happens to the vapor that is going up? Does it go all the way to heaven?

Mark of the paranoid I still say.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One person’s paranoia is another’s caution.

apcomputing

Greenie
Jul 3, 2019
dallas
Detector(s) used
delta, at4, gti1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 58 yoa, and am operating on 1 lung. I wear a mask, and gloves religiously when out of the house.
I consider the interior of my house, and car safe zones. Foam in, foam out. I personally cannot risk a chest infection of any kind, and my wife is recovering from leukemia. A common cold could kill her.

Entertainment is conducted on the front porch. No strangers in the house. (The neighbors probably think we have hostages in the house. No one is allowed inside).

Curbside grocery pickup, and Amazon keeps us comfortable, and well fed. I was a bit of a prepper before this, so we were probably better equipped than most.

Stay well, my friends.

OP
OP
Deep1

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather be a live paranoid, than a dead fool.

It is not paranoia to wear a mask, it is cautious.

Masks are not the be-all-and-end-all of the Coronavirus. They are a precaution. They are very effective at stopping droplets from being expelled. Yes, they do allow mist to pass somewhat, but mist is a lot less dangerous than droplets because mist can be dispersed throughout a larger area in much smaller concentrations. Droplets contain a high amount of concentrated virus, inhaling a droplet is like taking a concentrated dose of the corona, where a Mist will be dispersed in much lower concentrations and if you do happen to breathe it you're not going to be breathing a higher concentration as if it were a droplet. Droplets will also settle upon surfaces in higher concentrations, making infection from surface contact a greater possibility.

The more you're exposed to, the better chance you have to catch it.

With that being said, I do believe it is your personal choice to wear a mask or not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember our eyes are also an entry point for the virus into your blood stream too.

Last edited:

apcomputing

Greenie
Jul 3, 2019
dallas
Detector(s) used
delta, at4, gti1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember our eyes are also an entry point for the virus into your blood stream too.
Yes, I also where glasses. It serves as a reminder. When you unconsciously go to rub your eyes. ( And we all do) hitting your glasses reminds you of what you are doing.

I recommend safety glasses if you don't wear a prescription.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize people in the high risk category need to be very careful and use the proper PPE, but for the other 80% probably better to just get exposed and get it over with so there will be a herd immunity. Places like Montana has 12 deaths. 25 people in the hospital. ANd our bovernor Bullock(D) will not open the state. That's mass hysteria. Insanity. That's the headlines in our newspaper every day now--how many cases. I just read the USA are on track to have less deaths from the c-virus than from the flu this season. Nobody ever goes into panic state about the flu. Some people are trying to destroy the country.

Last edited:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven’t been wearing one yet but I will after today. I have been bringing my own hand sanitizer and wipes and using them frequently while at the store.

The other day my grocery store (no names but a big chain of stores in New England) had a guy at the entrance with hand wipes and foam spray that he was using to clean the cart handles as shoppers came in. I’m in the store about 5 minutes when I hear someone coughing and I think to myself, “Swell, which selfish sick person decided to go grocery shopping and infect the rest of us?” ...... you guessed it - the guy cleaning the cart handles. He was wearing a mask but I don’t know how much it helped the way he was coughing! You can’t make this stuff up.
Stay safe out there.
dts

UPDATE!!! I have found that folks, especially women-folk, are much more friendly when I wear a mask. I intend to wear one from now on, even when this virus has run its course.

But seriously, yes, I wear one at all times in public (which is very rarely right now). It's a minor inconvenience and if I can keep myself or even one other person safe, why not? My hopes that all you Tnetters and your families stay healthy and safe.
HH
dts

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work at Target in the produce section. Mask or no mask its just a matter of time before i get the bug. If i do get it, I have a 98 percent chance of surviving.

Then again, i guess i could throw my hands in the air and assume the worst.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my metal tekkering buddies is 57, her husband is 83, with a few serious health issues...
She's been wearing a mask when she goes out, for about 5 or 6 years now.
They live in a high tourists area and with their work, come into contact
with many, who have just recently arrived (or have travelled extensively).
She's the one gave me those few masks, months ago.
(she gets them & gloves at Restaurant Depot)
I never made it to her home to pick up the 500 pack of gloves she had bought for me,
way back in Dec or Jan, I told her just use them if need... I'll get what's left, one day.

I wear my cap when I go out, long hair pulled through the back hole some.
I wear glasses also, and Yes, it does help to stop you from touching your face.
If I wore my contacts, I'd still wear sunglasses.
Mask, too.
I can't control what everyone else does, I can only control my actions.
I do the best I can, as for everything else, que sera sera

Be smart folks, at least till, we can get a grip on this thing...

bronco

Mar 2, 2008
I want to say in a friendly way- There are also compelling reasons not to wear a mask. Do your own research and think for yourself.
In the end YOU are responsible for your own health.
And we need to stay healthy to metal detect and vice versa! So be kind if you see me distancing and not wearing a mask. It is for health reasons and out of an abundance of caution.
as an American. I defend your right to do as you choose as well.
Hey it's free country!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I live way up a holler at the end of a kilometer long driveway. Mom is 94 and I'll be 71 tomorrow = yep, a July 4th baby. Haven't been out in two weeks now, last time out Mom & I picked up $300 in groceries to stock up for a bit. That was triple our normal grocery haul. Even my brother hasn't been up in two weeks.

So, we've no contact with the outside world except through the internet, and that big black bear who destroyed our back storm door about two weeks ago. That bear may have had covid ????

Last I heard there were about 10 local covid cases, and this is a minimally populated county. So, it is even here - that means there's a whole lot more cases nationwide than have been reported.

Stay safe out there! Pretty soon I'll have to go out again = I'll get even MORE beer the next trip out :)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I live way up a holler at the end of a kilometer long driveway. Mom is 94 and I'll be 71 tomorrow = yep, a July 4th baby. Haven't been out in two weeks now, last time out Mom & I picked up $300 in groceries to stock up for a bit. That was triple our normal grocery haul. Even my brother hasn't been up in two weeks.

So, we've no contact with the outside world except through the internet, and that big black bear who destroyed our back storm door about two weeks ago. That bear may have had covid ????

Last I heard there were about 10 local covid cases, and this is a minimally populated county. So, it is even here - that means there's a whole lot more cases nationwide than have been reported.

Stay safe out there! Pretty soon I'll have to go out again = I'll get even MORE beer the next trip out :)

Happy Birthday tomorrow Deep!
(Ya'll behave this time dang it....:laughing7:)
64b73e2c185432b0638a5ce4e7d9ad56.jpg

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize people in the high risk category need to be very careful and use the proper PPE, but for the other 80% probably better to just get exposed and get it over with so there will be a herd immunity. Places like Montana has 12 deaths. 25 people in the hospital. ANd our bovernor Bullock(D) will not open the state. That's mass hysteria. Insanity. That's the headlines in our newspaper every day now--how many cases. I just read the USA are on track to have less deaths from the c-virus than from the flu this season. Nobody ever goes into panic state about the flu. Some people are trying to destroy the country.

I gotta wonder what you read?? Google it up, there are already more than twice the deaths from covid as flu in our country and it may double by the end of the year if folks don't get with the program. And don't forget, the covid deaths are on TOP of the flu deaths. Head in the sand attitude helps nobody, we as humans are all in this together and although it may be a pain in the butt to abide by common precautions it is for the good of all of us. Herd immunity?? That is a fine hypothesis if one doesn't mind losing their parents, grand parents, favorite aunts and uncles and even children with diabetes or other pre-existing problems. Many Texans poo-pooed the whole mask and social distancing business, now many are sick and/or dying and they too are beginning to realize this disease can take anybody at any time. I contracted the disease in early April, was pretty bad off for almost two months. Three months later and I still have respiratory and high pulse rate problems. MDs saying now it lingers in some folks for months and some survivors may have permanent damage, it's too early to tell. I assure all of you, YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET THIS VIRUS!! I hope none of you do. Stay safe and beware.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a quite happy person, thank you. I am not telling anybody to do anything. You must be another who just doesn't give a damn about others, and another who just doesn't get that this is about survival for many HUMAN BEINGS. This isn't about personal freedom, it is about caring for others and their health. No politics or religion here, just plain scientific facts. Then again, perhaps you don't believe that humans have been around for over 50,000 years or that dinosaurs lived 200 million years ago. Perhaps you think the 130,000 dead and climbing from the virus in our fair land is not something to fret about, but I think you would sing a different song if it were your relatives or loved ones or even neighbors that were sick. Again, those who are not part of the solution are part of the problem. Maybe your state doesn't yet have mandatory mask use in public yet, but it will likely happen. Again, this isn't about anything other than caring for and protecting others and doing the right thing about putting the welfare of others above your own desires.

Edit1/2 hour later: Floodcity, the governor of your fine state just mandated that all people wear masks when going into any retail business or any building. Same as here.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, no politics and no insults.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a quite happy person, thank you. I am not telling anybody to do anything. You must be another who just doesn't give a damn about others, and another who just doesn't get that this is about survival for many HUMAN BEINGS. This isn't about personal freedom, it is about caring for others and their health. No politics or religion here, just plain scientific facts. Then again, perhaps you don't believe that humans have been around for over 50,000 years or that dinosaurs lived 200 million years ago. Perhaps you think the 130,000 dead and climbing from the virus in our fair land is not something to fret about, but I think you would sing a different song if it were your relatives or loved ones or even neighbors that were sick. Again, those who are not part of the solution are part of the problem. Maybe your state doesn't yet have mandatory mask use in public yet, but it will likely happen. Again, this isn't about anything other than caring for and protecting others and doing the right thing about putting the welfare of others above your own desires.

Edit1/2 hour later: Floodcity, the governor of your fine state just mandated that all people wear masks when going into any retail business or any building. Same as here.

I was giving a number of your posts on this thread a like but I think I will take them back after reading this.

Edit: Sounds kind of disrespectful and I didn't explain anything, as a Christian I just don't want to show support for anything that mocks creation like that, implying that believing God created the earth is foolish and unscientific. No hard feelings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread