Not open for further replies.

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Edit1/2 hour later: Floodcity, the governor of your fine state just mandated that all people wear masks when going into any retail business or any building. Same as here.

Thats why the Governor of Our fine state is like to loose his job, as he should. My fellow west Virginians are ignoring his Lordships "mandate" Wva has one of the fewest infection rate in the Country. I can appreciate your concern and I see it is heartfelt but I can't see the sense of wearing my little fright mask to protect others from a disease I obviously dont have and since the dueling medical minds keep moving the goal posts on if wearing a mask protects one and to what degree I remain skeptical of the effectiveness of such practise. If it makes anyone feel any better I do sanitize my hands before after going out. With respect Sir.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Mayor in my county made it mandatory as of this Friday. Wear a mask or get a $50.00 ticket or 30 days in jail. I do not have a problem wearing the mask when out and I do. I always kept boxes of n-95 for my shop. Also have chemical respirators. Now you cant find the good stuff and they say a cotton mask is useless as are most surgical mask are. I wear the n-95 ones. I used to use several a day and throw them away. Now I use it over and over.
My point to all of this I do not mind wearing a mask in public if it helps but do not like it being made mandatory. Crazy times we are seeing right now. Better safe than sorry on this one.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks still dont get it.

Wearing a mask helps prevent the spread of covid 19, period.

I understand the thought that if you dont have symptoms you dont need to wear a mask to protect others.
Problem with that is, just because you do not feel sick does not mean you are not spreading the disease if you are asymptomatic.

What I hate is, I am wearing a mask to protect others and some thoughtless person comes into my space not wearing a mask to protect me. :BangHead:
Makes me want to take mine off and sneeze in their direction just to teach them a lesson. But of course folks who refuse to be part of the solution probably would still not get the hint.

Please wear a mask in public buildings. It will make those around you who took the trouble to protect you have a good opinion of you instead of wanting to flatten your tires.

Just have a little common courtesy.
Is that too much to ask? :dontknow:

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was giving a number of your posts on this thread a like but I think I will take them back after reading this.

Edit: Sounds kind of disrespectful and I didn't explain anything, as a Christian I just don't want to show support for anything that mocks creation like that, implying that believing God created the earth is foolish and unscientific. No hard feelings.

Who's mocking? Your beliefs have more support worldwide than scientific evidence. Doesn't make it correct. I didn't see any implication of foolishness. The belief you mention is unscientific. No science at all.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning, any more insulting of members will not end well.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was giving a number of your posts on this thread a like but I think I will take them back after reading this.

Edit: Sounds kind of disrespectful and I didn't explain anything, as a Christian I just don't want to show support for anything that mocks creation like that, implying that believing God created the earth is foolish and unscientific. No hard feelings.

Noah, I was not trying to mock anything or anybody. I had planned on stating that putting one's desires above the interest or health of others was not a Christian way of thinking but I am trying to keep religion and politics out of it. I do not practice much organized religion myself, but I strongly believe in the Christian doctrine of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I also like " where but for the grace of god go you or I". I have read both testaments of the Bible, the Talmud, the Koran, and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. I do believe in science but there are some religious tenets from many religions that hold true. Again, this pandemic and fighting it is not about religion or politics, it is about common courtesy and respect for other human beings regardless of race, religion, or political bent who may be in serious danger. I do try hard to do unto others as I would have them do to me, and I just feel that those who aren't abiding by methods known to help stop the virus are not following this basic tenet.

Last edited:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the OP question, yes, I wear a mask when I'm in public places.
I'm over 70 and the last thing I would want to do is jepordise someone else's health. . . including my own.

Wearing a mask is simple to do and sure as h--- outweighs the consequences.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noah, I was not trying to mock anything or anybody. I had planned on stating that putting one's desires above the interest or health of others was not a Christian way of thinking but I am trying to keep religion and politics out of it. I do not practice much organized religion myself, but I strongly believe in the Christian doctrine of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I also like " where but for the grace of god go you or I". I have read both testaments of the Bible, the Talmud, the Koran, and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. I do believe in science but there are some religious tenets from many religions that hold true. Again, this pandemic and fighting it is not about religion or politics, it is about common courtesy and respect for other human beings regardless of race, religion, or political bent who may be in serious danger. I do try hard to do unto others as I would have them do to me, and I just feel that those who aren't abiding by methods known to help stop the virus are not following this basic tenet.

That's understandable, I misinterpreted what you said I guess. I'm so used to seeing people just try to throw insults at the other side whenever possible instead of actually have a discussion (or even a debate per say). I do try to have reasonable discussions sometimes because as a Christian I want to bring others to Christ but most of the time "discussions" about religion on the internet are just people typing insults in all caps soooo... I usually refrain.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who's mocking? Your beliefs have more support worldwide than scientific evidence. Doesn't make it correct. I didn't see any implication of foolishness. The belief you mention is unscientific. No science at all.

I read a great book by Walt Brown called "In the beginning," He proposes and explains some theories that point toward a young earth and Creation, I haven't thoroughly researched everything in that book but I can think for myself and it really gave good scientific answers to a lot of questions I had about Creation/Geology/other parts of the Earth. I think that there are a lot of places where "scientific" theories about origins fall through and that a lot of those problems could be solved with Creation. If you would like to talk about it privately it would be my pleasure to explain some of the things I actually believe!

Then again, we just celebrated Fourth of July and I'm reminded of how lucky we are to live in a free country where we can talk about these things and believe what we want. Surely we can agree on that?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys we are lucky to live in the USA. But we ask that politics and religion be kept to the Charter members section only. The reason is obvious and we appreciate you abiding by this. It keeps good threads open.
Stay safe!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes, Wife & I wear a mask when shopping in a "brick & mortar structure" (inside); outside, following distance, as recommended. State of Virginia is in "Good Shape", so far. As for summer fun in the sun... could get BAD!

Last edited:

CharlesSpurgeon

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, If I'm not sick and the mask is so I don't transmit covid to someone else how is a healthy person wearing a mask doing anything? Just wondering?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
So, If I'm not sick and the mask is so I don't transmit covid to someone else how is a healthy person wearing a mask doing anything? Just wondering?

You could be asymptotic and not know you have it. IF you do a test and don't get the results back for a week and they come back negative...You could of picked it up between when you took the test and got the results.

**These tests are Not Always Accurate Either. It's best just to go out in public as little as possible and when you do, wear a mask and distance 6'-10'. Order necessities online and pick up at the curb.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Good Luck To You

Kace

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
You could be asymptotic and not know you have it. IF you do a test and don't get the results back for a week and they come back negative...You could of picked it up between when you took the test and got the results.

**These tests are Not Always Accurate Either. It's best just to go out in public as little as possible and when you do, wear a mask and distance 6'-10'. Order necessities online and pick up at the curb.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Good Luck To You

Kace

"If our Govt was totally interested in seeing the truth about the infections including asymptomatics, the test for that would be free. I read that as many A 50-80% of people are without symptoms but have it. If you claim to be 100% as a government to control this thing, testing should be covered. I mean really...trillions has gone out in checks for all Americans. Makes perfect logical sense to give free testing. Jm2c

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
"If our Govt was totally interested in seeing the truth about the infections including asymptomatics, the test for that would be free. I read that as many A 50-80% of people are without symptoms but have it. If you claim to be 100% as a government to control this thing, testing should be covered. I mean really...trillions has gone out in checks for all Americans. Makes perfect logical sense to give free testing. Jm2c

MC...The tests are Free. Won't cost you a cent. The problems are the labs are understaffed for the amount of testing being done so people aren't getting their results back fast enough. While they are waiting, they still are out and about, especially those who are asymptotic and those folks are infecting others if not wearing a face covering and distancing.

I couldn't take my Mother to a funeral today for a long time family friend due to that particular funeral home not having the chapel set up to distance or only letting 10 people in at a time for 10min. It's a sad state of affairs when people can't even go to a funeral or wake due the funeral home not setting up for FB live or Zoom and or not arraigning the chapel to safety standards.

Kace

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
MC...The tests are Free. Won't cost you a cent. The problems are the labs are understaffed for the amount of testing being done so people aren't getting their results back fast enough. While they are waiting, they still are out and about, especially those who are asymptotic and those folks are infecting others if not wearing a face covering and distancing.

I couldn't take my Mother to a funeral today for a long time family friend due to that particular funeral home not having the chapel set up to distance or only letting 10 people in at a time for 10min. It's a sad state of affairs when people can't even go to a funeral or wake due the funeral home not setting up for FB live or Zoom and or not arraigning the chapel to safety standards.

Kace

This boggles my mind when you state the test is free. I made a comment to my Cardiologist about testing not being easier and available and she quickly gave ma an address and intersections of a test station, BUT, a big BUT, she said the cost was $160. Might be free for people over 65, which I happen to be but why would an actual cardiologist not know the cost? I immediately told her, "Forget about it, I am at most, asymptomatic, if anything." I was offering my freedom due to forced quarantene by volunteering at all."

My best personal analysis of myself since the fall of 2019, is that I've had the virus.

Where on the internet does it say these tests are free? I am really interested in knowing.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
This boggles my mind when you state the test is free. I made a comment to my Cardiologist about testing not being easier and available and she quickly gave ma an address and intersections of a test station, BUT, a big BUT, she said the cost was $160. Might be free for people over 65, which I happen to be but why would an actual cardiologist not know the cost? I immediately told her, "Forget about it, I am at most, asymptomatic, if anything." I was offering my freedom due to forced quarantene by volunteering at all."

My best personal analysis of myself since the fall of 2019, is that I've had the virus.

Where on the internet does it say these tests are free? I am really interested in knowing.

Look up your county online and see where they are doing them or call hospitals that are local to you. Here they are doing them in Church parking lots, different stadiums and even pop up testing usually announced the day before.

I'm not saying your cardiologist was wrong on telling you that they cost $160...In the beginning of this if a person had no symptoms, they were charging. Symptomatic people didn't pay at the hospitals. Now, since this is raging out of control ANYONE can get tested for free. You might have a really long wait in line depending on where you are and if it's a hotspot so get there early. Ask them how long of a wait it is to get your results and self quarantine til you get them back.

I'm no where near 65yrs old, so age has nothing to do with testing. Just take your ID and maybe a bill to show you live in that county or state. Ask what they require as far as proof of residency.

Good Luck Mc

Kace

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Lame leadership in the Whitehouse as a very minimum. That guy said all testing was free and it was very available. None of that was, or is, true even today. Just sayin'..

I am very sorry that you and your mother couldn't make the funeral. I actually missed a gathering in the middle if this mess also. Simple leadership. Seriously

Thank You Mc, I'm sorry you had to miss a gathering also.

We've all gotta look out for ourselves and not expect anyone else to do it, obviously.

ATLANTA, GEORGIA SHUT COMPLETELY DOWN AGAIN TODAY. Essentials ONLY. Back to square one. Other cities and states will follow the way this is going.

Stay Safe Everyone, This is nothing to take lightly. It's been going up 700-800 or more everyday here in MO.

Kace

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, No Politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread