T

The_Pro

Oct 13, 2017
Middle East
Detector(s) used
OKM and MineLab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In this specific issue, I take the word of Rabbi's as credible... Not found yet.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I believe that the Ark of the Covenant does exist and if ever found, it wouldn't be a good idea to handle it. It is Holy and those that touch or carry it, must be righteous or otherwise suffer the consequences of it's power. The Jews laid waste to many of their enemies by carrying the Ark of the Covenant with them when the went into battle.

Frank

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't touch it if found. That is why they had to have poles made of certain wood to carry it. Remember when it talks about it almost tilted and when one went to catch it he was instantly dead.....Do Not Touch Gods Power!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a paradox of opinions. The last time the ark was mentioned in the Bible was just before the Israelites were taken into bondage to Babylon. I tend to and feel comfortable with the version that Don refers to. The ark is hidden amongst the rubble which is below where Christ was crucified. There was a crack or fault right above where the ark was resting in which the blood of Jesus actually seeped down onto the actual mercy-seat. There were tests done on the dried blood which was found there and the dna results showed only the female chromosomes and one chromosome for the male side. I am not sure if this theory is fact, but if you understand certain Jewish ceremonies some of the evidence shares some truth. And of course it is not the time for it's revelation. Best left where it is hidden.

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the ark ever is found, it can be verified by the 3 objects that should be in it. 1. The original stone tablets of the 10 commandments Moses came down with, from Mt. Sinai. 2. A jar of manna that fed the Jews in the wilderness. 3. Aaron's staff that Moses used when he went to see Pharaoh. How do I know? Hebrews 9:4 in the bible, tells you what was in the Ark.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm.....the last time the ark was mentioned is NOT in the Old Testament. It is in the NEW Testament, Revelation 11, referring to a future time..."Then God's temple in Heaven was opened and within the temple was seen the ark of His covenant. And there came lightning, rumbling, peals of thunder an earthquake and a great hailstorm." In other words, He knows where it is, and with the context of the passage, the end of days, when the people again see it, it's going to be very bad news for most. That's verse 19 BTW, and is at the end of the last blast from the 7th trumpet. You of course don't have to believe it, but there is the reference.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
You may be too late; one man claims to have not only found the Ark of the Covenant but to have seen it with his own eyes. Ron Wyatt says he found the Ten Commandments on January 6, 1982. Wyatt, an amateur researcher, adventurer, and Seventh Day Adventist, believes he found the Ark buried under the remains of the old city of Jerusalem. Indeed, his version says that the Ark of the Covenant was situated exactly beneath the spot where Jesus of Nazareth was crucified.

I wonder if he also found the 'rod of Aaron' in the same container?

Don......

That story has been discredited. Wyatt might be a sincere fellow, but .... sometimes TH's (amateur archie, or whatever you want to call him) can let their imaginations run too wild.

So for example: You see it on T'net frequently too. Someone comes on claiming to have "found" [past tense] a treasure". Yet when you click on the post, and read carefully, you notice that they didn't actually "find" (past tense) a treasure. They've merely (in their mind's eyes) got it narrowed down to a certain cave or canyon or lake bottom or whatever. And now it's merely a matter of getting govt. clearances, or a detector that goes "6 meters deep", or where to smelt 100 tons of gold, blah blah blah. But at NO time are they not utterly convinced they've "found" it. It's just a matter of retrieving it.

So too is the Wyatt thing. Very sincere, but no proof whatsoever. And if you read the account closely, you can sort of see admitted holes and vagueness. Eg.: possible "outs" and alternate explanations for what he supposedly saw.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
For Sale???? Wtf. Although who the H E Double Toothpicks would pay 400 million for a painting of Jesus??? That person or persons in my humble opinion must be the worst possible sinner among us all. What could you do to help humanity with 400 million in your pocket? Oh My(Your)God!!!!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Priceless artifact - no way to put a number on it.

You ever own and insure a Priceless Artifact, I have a few my self. Here is the thing, they are worth a great deal to some but only a few can afford them and out of that few likely only a hand full would step up and pay for it. But insurance low balls you so bad it will make you sick.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If someone finds an ark it will be difficult to prove it is THE Ark of the Covenant. Copies could have been made.

Other than that - we know someone will pay $450,000,000+$50,000,000 commission for a painting of some European version of what Jesus might have looked like. If someone can demonstrate it is authentic it would be worth more than that I would think. Whether it had or retained any "powers" maybe more.

geezerdb

Jan 18, 2013
NE Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab X-Terra 705, Mine Lab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, Ron Wyatt's claim has been discredited, but actually his basic premise does hold water. The Jewish ancient traditions hold that the prophet Jeremiah and some of the priests hid the ark in a cave under the old city so that it would not be captured by the Babylonian invaders before they took the city. It has never been located, but some feel that there perhaps is some knowledge by the authorities in that region who could locate it easily, but who don't really want it found because it would create a political firestorm and unrest among the orthodox Jews, the Arabs, and others in that very volatile region. Many folks would want it found, many would not, and most of them would be willing to die to hold out for their respective wishes. So to avoid a regional conflict and chaos, it is best left to rest as the powers that be see things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread