Army and Navy, Indians, Eagle and Keys

Lee43

Oct 29, 2006
East central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Larry and I got out for a while today, well longer than a while about 7 1/2 hours. I was very happy with the first hunt of 2008. I started out with a civil war Eagle cuff button, then I dug a civil war token that reads on one side "Army and Navy" and the other side reads "The Federal Union It Must and Shall Be Preserved".(Has a hole in it) Then I dug an 1865 Indian slightly bent, I would guess from a plow. A bit later I dug a thick Indian and I think the date is 1860, not sure how to get the green off and still keep some detail. After that I dug 2 large brass clock(?)keys. I know Larry got an Indian and some other goodies. We had a lot of fun and the mud was not to bad. Thanks for looking.......Lee

Attachments

• 15a.jpg
    15a.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 299
  • 15b.jpg
    15b.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Lee, Indian Heads for some reason are my favorite coins to find.
HH..
Rob

syr robert

Greenie
Jan 4, 2008
Cullman,Al
Detector(s) used
bounty quick silver
since I am new at this--just how is the best way to clean or get rust off some of coin finds

Lee43 said:
Larry and I got out for a while today, well longer than a while about 7 1/2 hours. I was very happy with the first hunt of 2008. I started out with a civil war Eagle cuff button, then I dug a civil war token that reads on one side "Army and Navy" and the other side reads "The Federal Union It Must and Shall Be Preserved".(Has a hole in it) Then I dug an 1865 Indian slightly bent, I would guess from a plow. A bit later I dug a thick Indian and I think the date is 1860, not sure how to get the green off and still keep some detail. After that I dug 2 large brass clock(?)keys. I know Larry got an Indian and some other goodies. We had a lot of fun and the mud was not to bad. Thanks for looking.......Lee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread