Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these a while back while detecting at a neighbors house, first one is an Army of Occupation Medal, Japan, issued I beleieve to any troops that served in Japan after their surrender. The second I am not sure what it is (I have it posted on the What is it page) I found it not too far from where the Army medal was, am not sure if it is military or not? My neighbors father was in the Army in WWII and the medal was his so I gave it to her, she was thrilled, also gave her the other for I am assuming it must have been his as well. Didn;t take pictures of the back sides of either, for the first one is corroded and while you can see the bridge and writing on it, it didn;t come out in the pictures I took. The back of the other one is plain with no writing on it at all.

Attachments

• army of occupation.JPG
    army of occupation.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 367
  • unknown medal.JPG
    unknown medal.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! I've never seen anything like them and have seen many military medals and unit citations. Good of you to give them back to the family. HH, Mike

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
I found one of the army of occupation medals myself and yes that was after the surrender while we occupied Japan.I forget the exact time frame like 1944 to whatever,but I think you got the medal after serving 30 consecutive days.Cool find btw! yours is the 2nd one I know of found MD' daniel

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
That second one was the regimental crest I wore when I was stationed in Mainz (Gonsenheim) Germany . I was in the 8th Infantry there between 1986 and 1988. Good detecting in a place called Veil Park (wild park) behind the post. Always finding WW2 stuff and older.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably WWII, but it could be fillipino-amercan war or the Civil War

HH
-GC

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! I am familiar with the second metal (8th Infantry Regiment Unit Crest.) That is the Army unit that I served with in Viet Nam. It was part of the 4th Infantry Division. The crest is to be worn on the dress uniform on top of each shoulder of the jacket. Boy, does that bring back a lot of memories!

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread