Arrowhead find

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
I found this today while walking the dog. I live in nw Indiana the place where the arrowhead was found used to be woods till 1980 when it was cleared for an irrigator. I was raised across the street spent many days playing in the ditch when I was a little boy. I was raised on a farm and still live on part of it. we live in the Kankakee river basin a lot of good habitat for hunting. the family that lived on the farm before my parents in the 1930s worked behind mules plowing, said they would find pockets full of arrowheads working the fields.

Attachments

• 1 side of arrow head.jpg
    1 side of arrow head.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 2 arrow head.jpg
    2 arrow head.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 70
  • edge of arrow head.jpg
    edge of arrow head.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is a nice Madison type. You live in a very artifact rich area of NW Indiana. Has to be quite a few artifacts still around to be found. Congrats

Ici

Mar 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!!!!! thanks for sharing

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Man I really like it.....it's perfect

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the story. I knew all the old guys that pretty much founded the Oklahoma Anthropological Society and they would tell me stories about pickin up lard buckets full of arrowheads along the South Canadian in Oklahoma. It was a great day for me when walking the same ground I found ones they missed, and even better when I documented sites they didn't find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread