arrowhead hunter falls to death okla.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I'm sorry for such a dramatic, sad post. I don't know who she is, but it happened not so far from me, next town down the road. She was with other hikers, she slipped on a cliff. So, as a worrier. I just want to tell the newbies that very good tread on your boots is super important when walking on muddy, or even just damp rocks....even rough sandstone can become slippery. be careful. Deaths don't happen often with this hobby, but they DO happen. Right now in Oklahoma we are seeing historic flooding, don't be tempted to walk along the rivers and creeks, I don't care how SURE you are that those points have been exposed. and just be careful.

lisa

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Sorry to hear about this incident.

Better safe and than sorry is a good rule to go by.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. You guys take care down there. So far all my family is ok in Oklahoma.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry for such a dramatic, sad post. I don't know who she is, but it happened not so far from me, next town down the road. She was with other hikers, she slipped on a cliff. So, as a worrier. I just want to tell the newbies that very good tread on your boots is super important when walking on muddy, or even just damp rocks....even rough sandstone can become slippery. be careful. Deaths don't happen often with this hobby, but they DO happen. Right now in Oklahoma we are seeing historic flooding, don't be tempted to walk along the rivers and creeks, I don't care how SURE you are that those points have been exposed. and just be careful.

lisa
It's really cool that you show worry towards people you don't even know! Tells us the kind of person you are, and that is good! Thank you for this kind reminder! :thumbsup:

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is always sad when something like this happens. Always be sure of your footing and what is around were you step or reach for. Here we are having high water every where, it's mateing season for the gators, hogs are always a problem , not to mention the snakes. I hunt by myself most of the time, but I leave a detailed area of where I'm hunting with 2 people and a time to call in for a check up. You can never be to safe, it only takes 1 mistake and your life could be ruined or Lord forbid over with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread