Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what nice Arrowheads. Can't help you on the bullets. Good luck on your next hunt. Burdie

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those points.Can't tell ya about the bullets,someone on here should be able to identify them.Welcome to the forum.Where ya huntin at? State?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lose that watch well have a great day.... ::)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Andy...welcome to the forum..LOL :D,nice head's,I'll try and help with the bullet's in a while.Andy,quick Q.,why are most of the arrowhead's and point's associated with some kind of water?The indian artifact's are around my area for sure,should I concentrate on these area's for starter's...Congrat's and thank's for any info..HH!!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are nice andy.

That creek just keeps renewing itself.

Do you go after the rains and when the water clears up.

They must just keep washing out from places.

HH zJer

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
the natives camped and hunted around water...look around high spots where little creeks intersect bigger creeks...on the up-river side. look for larger stones big enough to carry that seem out of place. in a ring,or assembled, with evidence of heat or burning. this could look like a sand bar where all the stones are like as big as a nerf ball and you see a group of stones like big as a flat beach ball. there may be a few or several.still assembled or scattered once you find one youll recognize what im sayin. look around for flint or slate shards. find the east and seach to the west.the arroweads will stick out like a sore thumb. after a rain. lots of small pieces of mussel shells is a good place to hunt,too. some may show evidence of drilling. thats a hot spot look hard. i dont dig artifacts but lotsa guys do, i find its too much work, i let the rain do the work....steve

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not bad plugger good tips!

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to guess 1920s...

a buddy of mine found one similar at an old coal mine site and he researched it to the 20's.

Great Finds!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, and the bullets appear to be modern, pre civil war. It takes along time for lead to turn white.

Attachments

• 54, 58, 69 cal bullets.JPG
    54, 58, 69 cal bullets.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 325

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bullets look modern. I just found one a couple days ago on a little used beach...a popular spot for sighting in a rifle.

relicreb

Jun 1, 2006
Tennessee
It does take a long time for lead to turn white. But I have found several 3 ringers in a creek that looked like they were droped yesterday. Just food for thought.
relicreb

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a little ironic that you would see the transition in amunitions in the same river

HH
-gc

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the arrowheads, I never find any in the water like that. Our water is always
muddy here in ohio. Guess i'll have to move out your way, or come and visit sometime
and you can take me hunting. Thanks for the great pics.

HH, Ringfinder

Devilflish

Jun 15, 2006
St. Le-wis Mo.
Nice points there BadAndy, I do most my hunting in the creeks to. Big rains are definitely a big help in washing out and up new finds. I know of a few fields in Calhoun that were campsites or villages were i hunt sometimes after they are plowed and rained on. In arrowhead hunting unless your diggin, mother nature takes care of exposing the good stuff.

Devil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread