jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever heard of blacktop detecting, without a metal detector........my friend does this, goes to large shopping centers, finds where debris and leaves naturally gather from wind and finds stuff??? never heard of this? his theory is as the wind blows, and money and leaves and trash will probally end up in a corner of the parking lot.
anyone ever heard of this???

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i actually have heard of this! some people have said to check where they pile up the snow in the wintertime.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I'm always watching the ground on parking areas, and do look around snowbanks in the winter. I've never done what he is doing, but it makes sense.

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Yup, pathetic is sitting in front of your computer typing "pretty pathetic" when that in itself is "pretty pathetic"....

I actually once knew a guy (passed away) who would somehow get to clean out the catch basins of the sewer grates that you see walking down the street......I personally saw 4 rings that came from those.....

H(sewer)H all!
Greg

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Treasure is where you find it...............if its a greenback in a pile of leaves in the back corner of a parking lot, so be it! Nothin pathetic about that! :P

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 418
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 421

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
I was even worse yesterday- I was blacktop searching with the detector! I was on an old tennis court, and found a quarter that I wouldn't have seen without the Ace. It was buried in a drift of pine needles.

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
dustynuget said:
;D Hey, That's how I met my wife!!

You found her under a pile of leaves blown into the corner of a grocery store??!??!?!?! :o :o :o

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
i find a bunch of coins on the expressway in the groves they cut to warn you to wake up when you drift off the road guess iam a packrat at hart ;)

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Con said:
pretty pathetic

Hmmm, anyone have a troll detector handy?

I have heard of a retired couple that regularly searches blacktop parking lots for loose diamonds and do fairly well at it. From what they have claimed, the stones have a potential to come loose from the suns' heat magnified by the black surface etc. Not sure of the truth behind it, but I heard it more than once.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Pathetic hmm I've heard our hobby called that many times :-\. Here's another tip speaking of crusing the balck top. Try getting up early on a Saturday or Sunday morning drive over to a night club parking lot and walk up and down the lanes $$$$ is there guys wedding bands too. $ is $ where ever and how ever you find it. IT SPENDS ALL THE SAME FRIENDS ;D

Swing slow and often

Ace

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yes, I do this a lot. Like hollowpointred wrote I also hunt snow plow dumping areas. These are super hot spots for jewelry and clad. Sometimes a very old coin pops out too.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions