ARRRRRGGG! INCAPACITATED!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Several years ago I got a root canal. The dentist gave me a perscription for one Valium pill. I took it 1/2 hour before the drilling started. It is crazy. It doesn't stop the pain, but you don't care about it. I didn't even flinch when he pulled the nerve.
Now I have given up on the remaining teeth. I am looking into the 'snap in' plates with the anchors mounted in the jaw bone. Anybody tried that yet. Frank...-
. 111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg Hay his teeth are almost as bad as mine.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dirtlooter, I feel for you. I've had several infections in the past. That was back in the '60s and 70s. My teeth were bad from the beginning. I was 'anemic' when I younger. I had enough 'iron tonic' poured down my throat to float a cruise ship! It prevented the enamel from forming on my teeth; or caused it to deteriorate; I don't remember which. Anyway, I had my first tooth pulled when I was about 23. I got my dentures in February of 1979, when I was 35 yo. Since I got my dentures, I haven't been back to a dentist since September of 1979. I'll have to admit that they are getting worn to the point that I have to chew a little harder because of the smoothness. I guess I need to go get them 'sharpened'! lol.
Actually I was lucky, because I never had to take antibiotics for the infections. I had the teeth pulled before it was bad enough for the dentist to delay pulling them. I remember seeing a 'pus sack' on the bottom of the tooth when it was pulled more than once. The 'sack' was about the size of a match head.
Hope you and your brother get to feeling better quickly. (My son-in-law wrecked his Gold Wing a few years ago. A dog ran under the bike, got caught in the rear wheel and locked it up. Son-in-law was thrown over the windshield and onto the pavement. Broke 7 ribs, a lot of road rash, and a skinned nose which scraped the windshield when he went over it)

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get better Dirtlooter , hang in there !!!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
getting better, take enough antibiotics and it begins to get better... just gotta get it pulled and be done with it! thanks all

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Watch those antibiotics. You can only take them for a set period of time. If you take them past that time you develop a plastic anemia or something like that.

Frank...- five star.png

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers for you both! I hate any type of head pain!

Get well and get out there and find goodies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread