Aryca Wave for control box/LCD Remote

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the waterproof Aryca Wave for the LCD Remote. It fits great.
fdca48583db7c5390cfae4bce271167d.jpg

774d5a294df7503032ba20d8f8a81673.jpg

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the one I bought seems to work very good in the rain.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's the silicon holding up on yours after repeated button pushing?

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have had mine for a while and have had no issues with the silicon. The only thing I don't care for is if it gets dirty while detecting, the dirt won't just "wipe" off. Usually takes a wet rag or something to get it clean.

When you glue the extra plug onto the back of the case, try to use epoxy. I initially tried a hobby type glue for plastics and it eventually popped off. The epoxy has held strong so far.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other

It holds up really well.

I carry my case hanging from a carabiner hooked on my belt/bag. Why add the weight, imo. And the flat spot where it clips makes a nice thumb rest. :thumb_up:

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. Good to hear that the silicon holds up to the pressing over time. Yeah I think I'm going to flip my control box upside down in the case and wear it around my neck. That way when I look at it, it will be right side up. I think for days that I want to mount it on the detector (dry days or non beach) I will get one of these.

5e4bdb585b5bad5d09770311a25216f1.png

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. Good to hear that the silicon holds up to the pressing over time. Yeah I think I'm going to flip my control box upside down in the case and wear it around my neck. That way when I look at it, it will be right side up. I think for days that I want to mount it on the detector (dry days or non beach) I will get one of these.

5e4bdb585b5bad5d09770311a25216f1.png

Lanyard around the neck with the module upside down is exactly how I did it before I glued on the mount adapter. For me that eventually grew old as I began to use both sound and VDI in an integrated manner for hunting. Also, I tend to button mash between my custom modes a lot when locked onto a target to see how it responds. Before I became addicted to the gold field mode, I also used pinpoint mode a lot (gold field makes pinpoint obsolete for me, at least the way I use gold field) which also required button presses not to mention manual ground re-balancing. Also, while holding a shovel or scoop in one hand and the detector in the other, the lanyard method was unweildy. It is a great quick and dirty approach, though. Bottom line, is I keep the control module mounted full time. And I don't mind the Wave case even when in dry conditions (even when beach hunting just in dry sand I use the case to keep sand off the control module). I just keep the control module in the case 100% of the time regardless of the hunting conditions. Otherwise, I use a protective rain/dust case very similar to the one you linked to above. I originally used the XP branded silicon case which protected just fine but it would "fog up" over time as it got microscratches in the silicon from exposure to mud, dirt, sand. HH

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine got dirty thats the only drawback I can tell is the dirt stuck to it.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reason I asked was I saw this on an eBay add and was wondering if it got worse.

a5580eed46470e8d57cf49524cd34055.png

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
The manufacturer sells a replacement silicone piece. I think it was like $10 or less. So it can be replaced easily enough if damaged.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanyard around the neck with the module upside down is exactly how I did it before I glued on the mount adapter. For me that eventually grew old as I began to use both sound and VDI in an integrated manner for hunting. Also, I tend to button mash between my custom modes a lot when locked onto a target to see how it responds.

the lanyard method was unweildy. It is a great quick and dirty approach, though.

Boy you weren't kidding. Took it out on my first test hunt today and hanging it around my neck is not optimal. I ordered that other case above, just waiting for a shipping notification from eBay.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a rain dust cover from ebay and use it everyday and only use the aryca case in emergencys.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a rain dust cover from ebay and use it everyday and only use the aryca case in emergencys.

You definitely need something to protect the module at all times, and the ebay rain dust cover like above definitely fits the bill for most situations.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ive had mine for two years and still works just like new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread